HUNTING

AIDEN

“Please," The aged woman begged. But, I did not heed her words as I gripped her neck.
My nostrils flared as I took a deep breath; I stuck out my tongue to moisten my lower lips and whispered into her ears, “That is alright, ma'am, and we don't need you in this world either.”
She whimpered, and I rolled my eyes as a tear rolled down her flabby cheek.
“Don't worry; it'll be fast and painless.” And with that, I sank my teeth into her exposed neck. She let out a low moan and sighed.
The blood kept gushing out, and I didn't stop drinking from her. She struggled against me, but I didn't let go of my grip.
Some while later, I snapped her neck and flung her decapitated body across the room. I sat on the swivel chair in the room, licking the blood from my lips before it dripped down my chin.
“Country home…” I hummed along to the song playing out of the old boombox, and I tapped my feet to match the rhythm.
My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I plucked it out. I grinned as Henry's name flashed on the screen. I had met him yesterday on one of my killing sprees, and we had hit off despite him being a vampire.
I had nothing against them; it was just that most vampires I've ever encountered tend to pick up a fight since we were rivals.
It was a surprise we had, had each other's back like we were old friends only yesterday that we met.
“Best friend." He chuckled. “Are you available right now?"
“Of course. Why?” My lips quirked up in a smile as I thought of the reason he asked me that question. Perhaps we were going to another party like last night where booze and hoes were surpluses.
“Well, you have a visitor."
The door unhinged as soon as he said that, and I stumbled back, as I slammed back hard against the wall nearby.
My ear rang, and I felt a throbbing pain at the back of my head.
I tried blinking back the haziness clouding my vision, but it was futile. My eyes closed, and I fell into unconscious sleep.
Ellen's voice snapped me out of the trance I was in, and I blinked once, then twice before I observed where I was. Scores of lifeless bodies were scattered around the room, and I remembered I was the one who fed and discarded them there.
I gagged at the stench they were emitting before eyeing the room's other occupants.
“So, whose party is it?” I inquired.
“I'm so happy to see you as well, Darling brother.” Ellen hissed while walking up to me.
I tutted, shook my head, and held out my hand to halt her from stepping any closer.
She halted in her tracks, “You need to freaking snap out of this, Aiden. You are strong enough to do so. Stop making it ruin you.”
“Anyone bourbon?” Henry interrupted with a bottle of wine in his hand. His gaze travelled from mine to others before it lingered on Ellen.
He licked his lips and winked at her. Mark stepped forward and placed his hand on the small of her back.
“Is that necessary?" Ellen murmured, glaring at Henry.
“It is," Mark grunted.
I didn't miss the possessive look he had on his face nor the challenge he was trying to bring on.
I knew if Mark was left with Henry, the former would come out victorious, and it wasn't because he was a werewolf. Mark was a seasoned fighter, and he was very skilled in combat. He had the agility and durability of a warrior and could take on whatever came his way.
“It's fine, bruh; I am just admiring your girl. She is so fine.” Henry smirked.
I sensed he was trying to anger Mark, and knowing him, he would fall for the bait. Soon, this place wouldn't be able to contain anyone because Henry could be deadly if he wanted to be.
“I hate to cut this scene short, but I'm already feeling nauseated from looking at the lover boy over there,” I said, nodding my head toward Mark, who glared at me in return.
“Also, I may need to wipe that smirk off your face if you don't stop staring at her that way." I turned to Henry, who chuckled.
“Lastly," I said while staring at Ellen in the eyes. “The Aiden you seek here isn't alive anymore.”
“He is, and I believe you are still in there.” She stated firmly.
“I'm done here," I mumbled, walking to the bar to grab a glass of wine.
“No, you are not!" Ellen muttered, then added. “Maya now.”
Maya stepped forward with her hands stretched out. “Long time no see, Alpha.”
“Ugh, not again!” I rolled my eyes before the pain kicked in, and I was sure she was the one who had knocked me out earlier.
I clutched my pounding head as I fell to my knees in agony. “Tell her to freaking stop!” I stated.
“Knock him out, Maya,” Ellen ordered.
“Don't you dare!” I rasped, panting.
“I'm sorry, Aiden. I don't know who you are now, and we need you to come back.” Maya snapped her fingers, and my eyes dimmed once more.
“Mark, we need a little help here.” I heard Ellen say it before I passed out.
My eyelids opened slowly as I came awake. I struggled to move my hands, but I realized it was bound with chains.
I groaned as I attempted to tug it off, but it was useless since the chains tightened with each movement I made.
“Don't bother; Blondie and witchy made sure we would not escape.” Henry drawled.
Stunned, I noticed that he was in the same position I was in, only that he was restrained with something far better than chains.
“Even if you managed to pull off the chains, there is no way we can walk through that door because we are trapped with hocus-pocus and spiked darts.” He wrinkled his nose while lifting a red dart up.
“This got stuck in my neck when I tried to escape. Those b*tches are so clever.”
They were. Ellen, especially because she was good at strategising.
“Ellen,” I shouted.
“She isn't home. I overheard them going out to rescue a girl named Elena.” Henry said.
I groaned at the mention of her name. I had tried my very best to forget who she was. But, it had been impossible.
I knew I couldn't rescue her even if I tried to. Also, I wasn't ready to see her in the same position Sienna had been in.
It was easier to go into bloodlust than to worry over what could never be amended
“Why didn't you tell me you were a prince and Ellen was your sister? Damn, she is so fine!”
“Doesn't matter.” My stomach rumbled.
I realised it had been a while since I last had a decent meal. My immune system would shut down without food or blood for a long time.
My throat was parched already, and I attempted tugging off the chain again, but it didn't give way.
It only worsens my condition. “Dang it, Ellen.”
“Yeah, dang it. Also, remind me to spank her when next she comes around." Henry smirked.
I squinted as I scowled at him, “Shut up, Henry; I'm trying to think here because it's obvious she is trying to go old religion on me.”
“Fine, think all you can. I'll fantasise about my princess.” He said, humming.
“Also, god help me out. If you don't stop talking about Ellen sensuously, I'll tug this off my freaking hands the best way I can and snap your neck.”
“Okay, okay.” He lifted his hands while chuckling.
For the rest of the day, he was quiet, and I grew weaker while doing a silent prayer to be rescued soon.