FACE OFF(1)

ELENA

It had been three days since I was captured, and I lost hope of anyone coming to rescue me. Slowly, I tried to open my heavy-lidded eyes. I was still in the same white room they had kept in.
My legs and hands were shackled to the bed, which made movement quite unbearable.
I winced as I tried to turn to my side because I had been lying on my back for too long, and it ached.
I heard footsteps down the hallway, and the door to the room I was in swung open. A man who I barely recognised in a white lab coat stepped in.
He clutched a white clipboard with him. Perhaps he was a doctor and the person fixing these narrow tubes in my veins to drain my blood.
I hadn't seen him until now because I was always unconscious whenever he came in. I had learnt that my blood was a tool to make a powerful cure, as well as turn a hybrid into an immortal. It was one of the reasons I was still in this room alive.
Jensen desired to be immortal, and it was as if being a hybrid wasn't enough. He wanted to be undead and untouchable as well.
Also, another of the reasons I was still here was that Jensen wanted me to suffer slowly, as he had promised Aiden. He had been watching my progress, but I hadn't seen him yet.
I noticed another presence at the back of the doctor whose name on his tag was Preston.
The stranger was tall, probably the same height as Aiden.
His large hands went to his smooth chin, and my gaze travelled to his face.
He looked cute in a mysterious way, and he tilted his head to the side as he observed me.
“I must say, you look gorgeous than I had imagined. I'm Jensen, and you are?”
“I know who you are. Also, flattering would not get you anywhere.” I spat, rolling my eyes.
He chuckled, “Defiant. Don't roll your eyes at me, sweetheart.”
“I'm sorrsirire. I should have told you how hard-headed she is.” Kyle stuttered as he stumbled into the room.
“Why am I here?” I inquired.
“You didn't answer my question. Why should I answer yours?” He smirked, lifting a perfect brow.
“Perhaps I need to ask you more politely. My name is Jensen. What is your name, my darling?" He had moved to the edge of my bed, and his calloused hand lifted a white lock of hair.
He twirled it in his hands, leaned his face towards me, and took in a deep sniff.
I moved my face away from his hand as he made a way to touch it.
“Don't call me that. My name is Elena, just Elena!"
“Or lady Elena of Candor. The b*st*rd daughter of Baron Lockser and the Fiancee to Aiden.” His lips curled at the mention of Aiden's name.
“The b*tch even got a big title, I was surprised when she was called out that night at the ball, and blondie almost caught me.” Kyle chimed in.
I gasped as I recalled who had bumped into me without apologising. “So, it was you!"
He grinned, then shrugged. I had noticed the strange yet familiar gait in his step. However, a thousand people could walk similarly.
“Don't.” Jensen snapped his fingers as he was about to retort. “The keys.”
Kyles's hand trembled slightly as he lowered the keys in his extended palm.
“Leave us," Jensen ordered.
Kyle stuck his hands in the pocket of his slack and stepped out of the room.
Jesen caressed my exposed thighs and cheek before glancing at my face. His fingers lingered on my lips, then moved back to my hair.
He chuckled as I squirmed under his touch.
“Don't worry, sweetheart. I won't kill you now. We need to have some quiet time in the bedroom.” He winked.
I gagged at his suggestion and shrugged his hands off. “In your freaking dreams Jensen. I would never have a thing to do with you.”
“Let's see about that.” He grinned.
I was prepped up for the evening per Jensen's order.
I tugged at the hem of the gown I had forcibly donned; it was one of the shortest gowns I had ever worn. Also, I had no choice because Jensen had picked it out for whatever purpose was in his mind, and if anyone went against him, they would be fired.
He had made it clear why he was detaining me. The conversation I had with him flashed in my head, and I wondered if he would ever go along with what he had said.
The thought of his fingers on my body made my skin crawl. My lips twisted as I thought further of all the nasty things he had promised to prove, which could make me want him better than Aiden.
“That sick bastard!” I snorted, then shoved back the negative thought away from my head.
My feet echoed down the hallway as one of his minions led me across several rooms to get to where he was.
Not long after I stepped into the vast room, I heard some commotion outside.
Grunts and moans permeated the air, and I saw Kyle dash to where I was. He gripped my hair violently before dragging me across the room.
“What are you doing?” I grunted, struggling against him.
“Sorry, Princess, you are the bait right now to us being alive.”
I wrinkled my nose as I perceived the stench of alcohol on his breath.
Kyle booted the door and presented me in front of a glowering Jensen.
“I said handle her with care, like a princess,” Jensen growled.
“Oh, I thought you said handle her like bait,” Kyle said, feigning innocence.
“B*st*rd," I mumbled.
“Careful, princess,” Kyle said, shoving me towards Jensen.
“Do that again, and I wouldn't hesitate to pluck your heart out,” Jensen warned.
“Why am I here?” I inquired, glaring at both of them.
“I'm sorry about that, Princess.” He apologised.
“Stick the apologies into your ass,” I said.
“I'll pretend I didn't hear that.” He grinned, twisting a stray lock in his hand.
“Take your filthy fingers off her!” A familiar voice shouted.
My eyes enlarged as I ran to the balcony.