HICKEY

ELENA

I groaned while rolling on the bed. My body ached like I had worked throughout the night, which I hadn't.

Opening my eyes, I stared at the white ceiling illuminated by light from the sun for a few seconds before sitting up on the bed.

Climbing down, I darted into the bedroom as I felt the powerful urge to urinate. I stood up from the toilet seat after doing my business, flushed, and walked over to the sink.

A pout formed on my face as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My skin was paler than usual, and my eyes seemed lighter, too.

My hand went to the back of my back, and I felt how warm my temperature was. Perhaps I had a fever, and that was the reason I fainted yesterday.

Sighing, I bathed my face with cool water, then dabbed it with a brown towel I saw in the bath cabinet.

My vision caught a mark on the back of my neck as I was about to leave. I narrowed my eyes, surveying it. It was a crescent-shaped mark etched on the right side of my neck, and I couldn't remember how I had got it.

Maybe it was from a mosquito. However, it didn't look like it since it was bigger than a mosquito bite.

“Or maybe I am thinking too much,” I said to myself, shaking the thought away.

I needed to bathe, then meet up with Renee, who was waiting for some juicy gossip from me, of course.

After washing myself in the bath, I trudged to the room and almost scampered back inside as I saw Aiden.

“You should have at least warned me,” I whined, clutching the towel wrapped around my body tighter.

He didn't answer. Rather, his gaze travelled from my face down to my feet, making me conscious of how scantily clad I was.

“Could you excuse me?” I pleaded, avoiding his gaze.

Aiden kept mute still, then slid out his tongue to moisten his lips, and he smirked.

My body involuntarily quivered, reacting to him. Also, I remembered the kiss as well as how the hickey came about.

He surged out of the bed suddenly, prancing towards me. I stepped backwards, slamming my back on the wall.

Aiden could be intimidating because of his physique, but I wasn't terrified of him, and I didn't know why.

His smooth hand caressed my face; then he turned my neck sideways. He stroked the place he had placed a mark, and his head bent to kiss it.

I trembled at the contact his lips made with my neck and almost lowered the towel with me to the floor.

Startled, I let out a gasp as he tugged me on him. Instantly, I forgot about the towel I was preventing from falling off as I splayed my hands on his bare chest. 

The cloth wrapped around me pooled at his feet as he yanked it. Then he pulled me back at arm's length, observing me.

His hands moved to my core, and he groaned as he felt the wetness in it.

“Mine,” He rasped in my ear. “And don't you forget it!”

“Elena!”

Startled, I jerked at the sound of my name. 

“What?” I glared at Aiden. An amused smile played on his lips.

Though shirtless, he was still where he lay on the bed.

My cheeks reddened at my wayward imagination of him, and I scowled as he let out a low chuckle.

“Don't worry. I'll be a gentleman and leave you to dress up. Also, since you have no choice of clothes, you can borrow one of my shirts.” He offered.

“Most certainly not. I'll wear my dress, then change when I get home.”

“You ain't going home.” He stated firmly.

“What? You can't make decisions for me like y-you are my husband or father.” I stuttered, now getting sick of how controlling he was.

After only three days of seeing him, he was already bothering me. I wished I had run away to another town on the first day when I had the chance.

“I have the right to do whatever I want with you, seeing as I'm your husband-to-be.” He said.

“You have no right. I didn't agree to even be your wife or anything.” I pointed out, rolling my eyes.

“You don't have to since your opinion isn't needed.” He clarified, leaping out of bed. His muscles popped as he stretched his long limbs.

“You can't force me to marry you. I don't even like you. About the kiss, it was just a kiss and nothing else!”

Aiden scowled at me before shaking his head. “Just do as I say and put your fucking ass back in this room. I'm not letting you out of my sight. Not today, and never.” He grunted, walking out of the room.

He strode back in, then smirked at me, “Oh, contrary to what you believe, that kiss already sealed us together.” Before I could think of any comeback, he walked back out, shutting the door behind him.

“You can't order me to stay here without giving me a valid reason!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

I stomped my feet on the carpeted floor, then shrieked, tugging at my hair. I was already in his den. How, on earth, was I going to escape this god-damn freaking place?

I grimaced, yanking on the handle of the wardrobe. Rummaging through the contents of his clothes, I took out a dress shirt that reached just below my thighs. I rolled up the sleeves to my elbow to make it look less saggy before doing the five buttons on it.

I did my hair in a messy bun and glanced out of the window. The sky was blue, cloudless, and stunning, as usual—also, a good day to have a walk because of the coolness in the atmosphere.

My gaze caught the garden that was beside his house. It even looked more gorgeous than yesterday because the climate was favourable.

Sighing, I walked to the living, then to the basement to check up on Gemma. She was awake but wasn't making any fuss like most babies do.

She was charming, and I wonder why Aiden would lock her up here since she barely even cried.

I picked her up, and surprisingly, she weighed a bit for a baby of nine months. Perhaps the previous nanny had been feeding her well to have her gain this much weight.

Also, she appeared to have grown a bit—more than yesterday, which was weird. Possibly, my eyes were playing tricks on me.

“Come on, let's take a walk outside since your father wishes to imprison me here. However, I won't agree to be detained.”

Gemma giggled, playing with a lock of my hair in her tiny hand. Her grey eyes locked on mine, listening to me talk to her.

“How about I tell you a secret?”

She gurgled, jiggling her head as if she understood what I was saying.

“You know, I like you more than your father,” I said, giving her dimpled cheeks a kiss.

As soon as I stepped out, a cool breeze whacked my face, making me sigh in relief. My body relaxed as the scent of rose, hibiscus, and morning glory flowers filled the air. I sat down on a bench in the garden, laid down a cloth, and set Gemma on it.

Then, I proceeded to call Renee. I let out a grimace as I heard the automated voice of the voicemail. 

“Hi Renee, I need to tell you something. Call me as soon as you get this.” 

Setting my phone beside me, I rested my body on the bench and allowed the air to whip my hair around my face as I let my thoughts wander to Aiden.