ATTACKED

ELENA

"Holy Moly, Lena! Is that Aiden Crooks?" Renee exclaimed as I entered the room.

I nodded, then swirled back to Aiden, who was in his car. 

He had a smirk on his face, which meant he had been listening to our conversations.

"I wonder how I would get used to his supernatural abilities," I murmured to myself.

I had read a bit about the history of the Crooks family from the books I had borrowed from his library. Though it was still ambiguous, I understood some of the things about werewolves while reading the book.

Not only werewolves but other supernatural beings I never thought existed.

Aiden twisted in his seat, and he latched his gaze on mine. He grinned, hoisting his left brow in a way I now find cute.

I shifted from one foot to the other, then tucked a stray strand of my white hair beneath my ear. 

His smile broadened when he noticed how flustered I was at his scrutiny.

Breaking eye contact with him, I shut the door completely to his face before facing Renee, who, nevertheless, had an awed look on her face.

"Tell me that isn't Aiden in our driveway!" She repeated squealing.

"He is," I mumbled.

Renee's eyes widened as she hyperventilated. Her hands went to fan her red face, and she gasped for breath.

 After a few seconds, she went completely still, staring at nothing in particular.

"Geez, Renee. He's a human."

I stated.

But I knew it was futile explaining to her in the state she was in.

Tugging her to the sofa, I made her sit on it, then slapped her on the face. Not hard enough to mark her cheeks but hard enough for it to sting and for her to snap out of her daze.

Renee blinked her eyes rapidly as she came back to reality.

"I'm sorry. You know how I feel whenever I see hot guys." She giggled.

"I know," I said, giggling along with her.

"You are so lucky, b*tch." Her gaze travelled from my head to toe as she took in what I was on. She tilted her head while observing me.

"Why do you say so?" I shook my head, glancing back to the window. 

Aiden, surprisingly, was still there.

"Having a billionaire running after you, isn't that lucky enough for you?"

"I don't know the definition of lucky you are talking about. Also, quit staring at me that way. I only borrowed his shirt." I pointed it out while undoing the top button.

"Well, for the record, I didn't mention anything about the cloth. However, I feel there is something you want me to know." She wiggled her brows.

"Eww, not what you are thinking. There is nothing. I-I mean, nothing like that happened." I sputtered, trying to hide my red cheeks.

"Well, I didn't say you did anything, Lena. Also, you should remember I know when you are lying and trying to digress." She said.

Indeed, Renee could tell when people were lying, and I wasn't an exception to her gift. 

Yet, there was no way I would admit that I nearly let Aiden have his way with me because of my traitorous body and emotions.

“Well?” Her green eyes twinkled as she waited.