SPARKLES OUTBURST

ELENA POV

I had come around to see Aiden's arms wrapped around me. Then, I nudged him awake after observing the way he slept for a few moments.

I remembered the startled look on his face before it broke out into the boyish grin I now adore.

I didn't know how long I had been out exactly, but I was told it was for four days. Also, the only thing I remembered was seeing Aiden's blood-stained neck.

Smiling, I shook my head at the memory while standing in the middle of the vast room. I took my time to gaze at where I was. Aiden had told me it was his room, and I noticed there wasn't much difference between this and his current house.

The brown wallpaper that donned the wall added to the coolness of the room. The curtains were brown and drawn together, and the dim light that brightened the room was from the silver chandelier hung above.

The only thing that wasn't present in the other house was the brown vanity beside the king-sized bed, and on it were varieties of skincare products.

Aiden never struck me as someone that uses this amount of products on his body. Perhaps it was made available because of me, since I noticed one of my favourite lotions on it.

Beside the king-sized bed stood Gemma's pink cot, and I saw it was empty as I walked to it. I pulled out the pink sticky note attached to the side and read aloud;

“Oh!” I mumbled, grinning.

My heart warmed at the acceptance I had received from Aiden's sister right from the first day I met her, to when they came to rescue me.

Though her eyes were almost the same hue as his, I never knew they were related until he said so.

Then I noticed some similar features I had failed to recognize from the beginning. From the blue orbs, I love in Aiden, to the thin lips, and complexion. But she was paler than him.

The only place she lacked was in the height department. Ellen was an inch shorter than I was, and I admire how she moved with poise and grace despite her petite frame.

I was nervous when Aiden invited me to breakfast this morning. It was not because I was scared of their supernatural status, rather; it scared me if they would approve of me or not.

Since what everyone had ever done was reject me; Only my stepbrother, Renee, and Aiden seemed to think I was worth their time.

Aiden had irked me from the beginning, and I didn't know why I was so anxious about whether his family would approve of me or not.

'That is because you are in love with him!'

“Shut up!” I groaned whilst stepping towards the bed. But I knew it was the truth. Inner me was right because I loved Aiden.

I didn't know when that happened, but I knew I couldn't bear to stay apart from him anymore.

Moving forward, I grabbed the navy satin ruched bodycon dress laid on the bed with a note attached to it.

“Wear me.” I read out loud again before giggling.

The gown was a perfect fit as it hugged my body in the right places. It was a knee-length, cap-sleeved gown with a sweetheart neckline.

I smoothed my hands on the cloth out of habit before running it through my messy platinum blonde.

More so, I picked up the pink comb, and then tossed it back on the bed as I decided to leave my hair that way. I did it in a bun and applied subtle makeup on my face.