FOUNDERS' BALL(1)

ELENA

Ellen had helped with my makeup, and I was able to slip into my gown when she was done.
I haven't seen what she did on my face since she had covered all the mirrors beforehand.
I fidgeted and tugged at the rhinestone on the bodice of my dress as she led me to the mirror.
I was way too scared of what I would look like if I eventually saw my face.
My hand lifted to touch my hair, but she slapped it away.
Ellen glared at me playfully before yelling,
“Tada!”
I lurched at the abruptness, and she beamed while tugging the clothes that covered the mirror away.
My jaw slackened as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. The person staring back at me didn't look anything like me.
“How is it?” She lifted a slender brow as her eyes met mine in the mirror.
“How is it?” I echoed back her question.
Ellen had done a great job with my face because I looked as though I was a fairy tale princess. The princess I had always wanted to become without being tagged a bastard with it, a normal princess.
And that you would be with Aiden, inner me assure.
I blushed as I imagined the way he would gaze at me. Aiden wouldn't mind even if I looked like a zombie, the problem was Sparkles, and I wouldn't let her ruin today for me by not thinking about her.
“I guess you like it because of your blush."
“I like it? I love it, Ellen! I can't even recognize myself in the mirror.” I grinned.
“Well, that is what I wanted, and I can't wait to see how Aiden would react to this.”
I couldn't wait either.
I let out a sigh as I sat on the edge of the bed while waiting for Ellen, who used the next half an hour to fix her make-up.
Lifting the train of my gown, I walked slowly down the staircase in the company of Ellen and a glowering Sparkles.
Despite the amount of frown she spots, no one in the room could hold a light to her beauty. She seemed far more beautiful tonight than earlier. I wonder how she did it because it seems whenever I look at her face, it becomes even more flawless.
I yelped as I lost my footing, my hands flapped in the air, and I shut my eyes, waiting for the fall.
Fortunately, a strong hand caught me before I could break my neck or maybe bashed my face on the tiled floor.
“Oh my goodness, are you fine?” Aiden yelled.
My heart thudded as my gaze travelled around the room. I realized I had gotten to the last step, all thanks to the plunge.
The room was quiet as they all observed me, and I noticed most of the girls had disappointed looks on their faces. Perhaps, as to why I didn't twist my next while the other stared at me with pity.
“I'm fine. Thank you for saving me from embarrassing myself.” I mumbled, avoiding his concerned gaze.
“Don't," His huge, soft hand lifted my chin so he could stare into my eyes. “Anything for you, darling.” He rasped into my ears.
“You are exceptionally beautiful tonight, my lady." He bowed before lifting my hand to his lips.
A spark zapped into my hand as his lips grazed it softly.
“Please proceed.” Aiden turned to the crowd and motioned to the Maestro.
“Thanks to Ellen.” I giggled.
Aiden helped me down the last step before he turned his gaze to Ellen. He gripped the hand she extended to him, and he kissed her cheeks before doing the same to Sparkles.
I linked my hand together with his as he stepped to my side and walked across the room to where the rest of his family stood.
I noticed Renee first in the large crowd; she was talking to a brawny man with russet hair while Kellen kept glaring at no one in particular.
The red, long-sleeved, high-low satin dress she donned made her look elegant and brought out the beauty of her red hair.
She swirled and beamed as her eyes met mine.
“Wow, you look so gorgeous, Lena. Almost like the dragon queen Daenerys, but you look so pale compared to her.”
“Hmm, thanks, I guess. But, I don't know who Danaerys is." I said, shrugging.
“Geez, Lena, you never know all this.” She facepalmed before proceeding. “As soon as the weekend comes, I'm sitting your skinny behind down because we are going on a movie spree.”
It sounded like a nice idea to have some time with her, but I was not certain Aiden would ever let me out of his sight.
He had let me go with Ellen earlier today because he believed she would keep me safe.
“Well, ” I began, but Renee cut me off.
“Aiden knows about it; he gave me the tickets himself.”
My brows shot up, and I searched her face to see if she was bluffing, but she wasn't.
“That is fine then.”
“Yes!" She let out an unladylike squeal.
A girl about our age was close by, and she tutted, shaking her head.
“Stuck-up royal b*tch," Renee muttered.
I giggled, and she did the same.
I lurched as I felt a tap on my shoulder. Glancing back, I saw Ellen with a radiant smile on her face.
“Geez,” I mumbled.
“I'm sorry about that.” She apologized with a grin.
“You need to see some of the guests. Also, Aiden is about to make the announcement.”
My eyes travelled to the stage, Aiden held a glass of bourbon in a hand while the other tapped on the mic.
“I have a special announcement to make." Forget me, not blue eyes locked on mine, and he lifted the cup to his lips and took a sip.
“I have found the person I would like to spend the rest of my life with. The mother to be to my daughter Gemma and my other unborn kids.” He paused and sent a wink my way.
The crowd cheered, and I felt some gazes travel to mine.
My heart whacked painfully in my chest, and I blushed crimson as I thought about what he had said.
Aiden's gaze didn't leave mine, rather, it made me get more unwanted attention.
I wanted to disappear, but I couldn't. This wasn't my first ball, and I had been taught the etiquette of being a proper Lady. I knew all by heart because I often went to balls regularly while I was home.
However, I didn't know why I was feeling this embarrassed since I have been with far more superior people than the people here.
A cool hand touched the small of my back, and I twisted to see Ellen next to me.
“He is about to call your name, and you are to walk up the stage to him." She instructed, then added, “But before that, you need to breathe because you are so stiff."
I nodded and took in a deep breath before letting it out slowly.
“I found love, all in the person of Lady Elena, daughter of Baron and Baroness Lockser of Candor.”
I walked up to him as soon as he said my name, and everyone began to whisper;
“So, the bastard looks this good?"
“Wow, she is truly beautiful."
“Slut.”
I halted in my tracks, then glanced back. My eyes collided with a green-eyed beauty. Her blonde hair was done in a high ponytail.
She sneered and crinkled her button nose as she tilted her head. I gave her a tight smile and let my eyes wander away from hers to Sparkles.
A handsome young man whose picture I had seen amongst the ones in the gallery stood beside her. He was probably one of the werewolves in Aiden's park.
His blond hair was done in a man-bun, his beards were patchy and trimmed. He was burly, perhaps an inch or two shorter than Aiden, and the suit he donned looked as if it would rip off any moment from now.
Still, I didn't miss the claim she was staking on him. Sparkles' hands were placed on his, and he appeared to be somewhat startled as she kept moving closer to him. Perhaps she was nasty to him the way she was with me and secretly loves him.