Chapter 3: The Dress*

Hello readers. *awkward hand wave* Well I do not have much to say so on to the chapter. Do you like the characters I picked? (The picture above.) I honestly wanna know! Comment!
            Forever yours, ~Vamps

Aylin Scott

   The day had gone by quicker than I had originally presumed. I walked out of the school with Amy and Wyatt by my side, each discussing different things.

"So there's this girl I think I'm going to ask to the Surfer Clan's Annual Spring bash this Friday." Wyatt announces. A spring bash? Really?

"I think you and I should go pick out dres- WHAT?!" She stops mid step and looks at Wyatt like he's grown another head.

   "Yeah. Her name's Heather. She's in my music class." He smiled dreamily and kept walking to the student parking lot. "I'll see you guys later." He waved before he jumped into his car and started driving off. The heat from the sun combined with the humidity of the air was killing my curly hair.

    I tugged at it a bit hoping to make it more presentable. Amy looked ready to kill someone as she dragged me towards her car. "We are going to go shopping. NOW!" She screeched, unlocking her yellow Jeep. "Wait, I have to call my dad first." I said.

   Those words felt so foreign coming from my mouth I almost couldn't believe I had said them at all.
I pulled out my phone and went through my contacts till I found Cassi's number.

   I hesitated before clicking the call button. To be honest I'd rather talk to her than my dad.

  It rang two times before she picked up. "Hi Aylin! Do you want me to call Mitch to pick you up?" She asked energetically. I sucked in a breath of the ocean air.

      "Hey...um actually I was wondering if I could go out with a
friend. I know that um I was supposed to go pick out a car, but is there any possible way someone might be able to just pick one for me?" I asked shyly. I felt bad that someone else would have to do it but I really wanted to hang out with Amy. I bit my lip.

     Cassi squealed through the phone.
"I'd absolutely love to pick one for you! What kind were you thinking?" She asked. "Uh... Surprise me. Anything blue." I told her smiling a little as I jumped into the front seat of Amy's car.

   "Alrighty! See you later, have fun."
I hung up the phone. "Good to go?" Amy asked as she started the car. "Yeah." I buckled my seat belt as she pulled out onto the small country road.

The top of her car was open and there weren't any windows. The wind blew my hair in all directions as Amy blasted the radio. "So we are headed to the other side of the island, Kapaa, to buy a summer dress for the Bash on Friday." Wait. I was going to said stupid spring bash-whatever?! I didn't sign up for this.

I snapped my head to look at her. I couldn't wear a dress! I looked terrible in them! "I can't go." I lied as I rubbed my arms, feeling the familiar tingle of insecurity.

"What! Why?" She asked as we drove past the beach that had all kinds of people hanging out on it. "Because... Well..." I couldn't think of a very good excuse. This was all happening so quickly. One day at school and I was already going to a party?

"Aha! You are so going, even if I have to drag you by your hair!" Amy announced as we pulled into a small shopping lot with little boutiques. She parked in front of a quaint little Hawaiian dress shop.