Chapter 8: Spring Break*

Hello my lovelies. As Two Tails winds down, these updates will hopefully come sooner. Anyway I'm really thrilled with this book so far, for my second real work, it's going very well. Anyway PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, comment. I love comments they help me improve my writing and ideas. P.S my twin is quoting up in the picture. :)

    Forever yours,
                  ~Vamps

     Aylin Scott

I ran to the closet and locked the door. I could hear him banging on the door.

"Come here you little bitch." I felt my hands quivering as I took out the emergency cell phone my mom had gotten with her tips from the restaurant.

My hands shook harder as I pressed the little green button. The blood was spewing out of my nose.

"911 what's your emergency?" I moved the phone away from my nose.

"My mommy is hurt and I'm hiding in the closet. Mr. Ben is trying to knock down the door. Please help..." I cried into the phone.

"Okay sweetheart, I need to know your address, stay quiet I'll stay on the phone with you until they get there. Don't worry baby it's gonna be alright," The southern woman said soothingly.

I told her the address my mommy had made me learn by heart. I was sobbing quietly as the pounding got harder.

I heard the sirens and then the pounding on the door disappeared.

"Sweetheart, can you open the door?" I slowly crawled to the door and unlocked it.

A man in a police uniform appeared. I wailed and limped towards him. He caught me and held me tightly. "It's okay," he whispered lifting me further out of the closet.

"Where's my mommy?" I asked my tiny hands gripping his warm neck.

"She's okay." My mom limped up behind him. I reached for her as she took me in her arms.

"I'm so sorry baby." She cried and I sobbed into her bruised neck. "I'll never let him hurt you again."

If only I'd known that it wasn't true.

-

Shit. It had been hours since I'd woken up with the bad dream. The sun was rising on the first day of Spring Break. I would try to forget the dream by partying with Amy and Wyatt. Which I was really hoping would work.

I walked back inside to my room and grabbed my phone off the charger, seeing a missed call from Adrian.

After last week's... Bikini incident... we hadn't talked much. It seemed I was still insecure about what happened.

I slid the notification to return his call. The phone rang two times before he answered. "Hello." His deep husky voice made my body shudder with... I don't even know what.

"Uh...hey." I went into my closet to pull on some booty shorts and a tank top.

"What are you doing today?" He asked. I went down to the kitchen and pulled some orange juice out of the fridge.