Chapter 29: Prom

Lol, so my editor and I were talking and I just remembered that the movie 'The Spectacular Now' was filmed in my home town! It's pretty cool, not to mention the Walking Dead is filmed in the counties around mine and all! Love it. Anyway I love you lovelies, this has been an amazing journey. I can't believe it's almost over, only one more chapter after this and an Epilogue. I love ya! Adele's song 'The Sweetest Devotion' is like perfect for this chapter.

Forever yours, ~Vamps

Aylin Scott

      "EEEEKKK! I'm going to Prom!" Amy screamed happily spreading her hands over her perfect hot pink dress and admiring her reflection in the mirror.

She looked great. The dress for her body curvature beautifully. Her hair was curled and was falling out of a beautiful bun and her beautiful pink make up.

I smiled. "You look amazing." I told her standing behind her. She turned to me. "You'd look amazing too if you'd just come!" She pouted.

I laughed "Even if I wanted to, I don't have a dress. Sorry." I helped her put on her glittery pink shoes.

    She sighed sadly. "I wish you were coming. It just won't be the same without you. You know, Adrian's going alone tonight. He couldn't bear to ask anyone else." She told me fixing some of her eyeliner at my vanity.

    I sighed. Adrian and I hadn't spoken in a while. Not since that day in the parking lot. I'd been too much of a coward of course.

I couldn't exactly explain why I was, I just, well, scared of having my heart broken.

    But in the process, I'd kind of broke his. I felt like a fool, which was why I couldn't face him.

    "Well he could have gone with someone else." But I was secretly glad he didn't.

   Amy gave me a glare. "He doesn't want to go with anyone else. He wants to go with you."

     She looked irritated. "It was already hard for me to convince him to even go with Wyatt and I." She slipped in her favorite bracelets.

      I really did feel bad. But what could I even do? I mean I had no dress and no time to prepare, the dance was in an hour and a half.

    Wyatt was coming to pick Amy up pretty soon. He's borrowed his dad's really amazing sleek convertible sports car.

    He had called me yesterday to tell me all about how he'd gotten Amy a beautiful corsage. He's also bought a six-thousand dollar tux just for her.

    It never ceases to amaze me what rich people waste their money on.

    I sat down on the bed and Amy put on her pretty pink pen dad and matching earrings.

   "Knock Knock! Can I come in?" Cassi called outside of the door. 

"Come on in!" I answered her. Cassi entered with a dazzling smile and carrying a big heavy dress bag.

    "I've got you something." She giggled opening the bag to show me quiet possibly the most beautiful dress I'd ever seen.