Chapter 14: A Surfing Competition*

I love you guys. That's why I'm giving you a present. Happy Holidays. Wyatt and Amy looking hella hot. P.S I'M GOING TO KAUAI THIS SUMMER! all my fave places are in this chapter!

Forever yours, ~Vamps

Aylin Scott

My head was pounding. Tears streamed down my face and onto my chest.

"It's okay baby, we're going to take you to the hospital." She whispered from her spot next to me.

The oxygen mask on my face made it hard to talk. "Okay."

The E.M.T checked my pulse. "Her hate rate is dropping." He stood and told the driver to speed it up.

"Ma'am I'll need you to back up, she's in critical condition." He waved my mom's blurry figure away.

There was a loud rapid beeping and my eyes started to close. "She's crashing." The E.M.T's pulled up my blood stained shirt.

"CLEAR."

I jerked awake breathing heavily, touching the scars near my my rib cage and the knife scar at my hips.

I felt the beads of sweat rolling down my forehead.

    I almost died that day. The day he stabbed me, in the chest, and my side.

He almost ruptured an artery in my heart. But the surgeons, they got to me in time.

My mom would apologize to me over and over again, but she stayed with him. And that was no apology.

      It was time to start the day. I stood up picking up a random pair of shorts and a t-shirt that said 'Seattle, Washington' and walked to the bathroom.

    I headed down the stairs to see my dad sitting there eating a bagel and drinking coffee.

    I sat down with my phone in my lap and took a bagel off the plate and poured myself some orange juice.

    I learned here that I never needed to hide my eating habits, they didn't give a crap.

     I smeared cream cheese on the everything bagel and took a huge bite.

   "Good morning." He smiled. "Morning." I tucked some hair behind my ear.

    "How did you sleep?" He asked softly. I nodded. "Fine. The bed is nice and the room is comfy." I told him wiping my face with a napkin.

    I looked at the time and realized it was 10:50. Good thing it was a weekend. I hadn't seen Adrian at all since our embarrassing almost kiss and forehead knock.

    I looked down at my phone to see a text from Amy at 1:30 am.

    Blondie: 'today is Adrian's surfing competition, did you still wanna go?'

     I thought about it. I did promise him I'd go. But that was weeks ago. He probably doesn't want to see me again.

    Bestie: 'no, I think I'm good.'

   She texted back almost immediately.