Chapter 1: Changes*

So...I know I haven't updated my other books in a while. But I just love this story! I know its been forever but I hope some of you still want to read this! Also, Aylin's bikini above.  Note: this is not a perfect work or story! So if that's what you're looking for you won't find it. The characters are wishy washy and spontaneous, and the story line isn't perfect but it's mine. You've been warned.

Forever yours, Vamps

Aylin Scott

I sat on my suitcase outside of the small airport on the island of Kauai. I fanned myself as the sun set in front of me. The humidity in the air was suffocating as my thoughts wandered to my mother and how her first night in jail probably made her regret all her decisions in life so far.

My mother wasn't a bad person. Just a troubled one. I wish she could've figured it out before all of this. Kept my father around, gotten a real job. But my father was always handling money for her. That's why I was left to pay rent on our apartment while she was out getting higher than the Empire State building. She wasn't a functional adult.

I checked my phone. It was starting to get late. A black Sedan pulled up to the curb in front of me. I stood up and grabbed the handle of my bag. A driver in a black suit and tie stepped out of the car and opened the trunk.

"Ms.Scott, your father has sent me to pick you up this evening. He apologizes for not coming himself but he was caught up with some work at his resort. He asked me to assure you that he will be at dinner tonight."

I nodded and he started retrieving my four other bags and putting them in the trunk. I kept my bag with me and searched through it for some gum as the driver came around to my side of the car to open the door to the backseat.

"Thank you...,'' I said trailing off.

"Mitch," he replied and closed my door, going around the other side to the driver's side.

I sighed and leaned my head against the back of the seat. Mitch started the car and started driving. I rolled my window taking in the view. The beach was covered in an orange glow as we traveled past.

"We are headed to the other side of the island. It's called Princeville, your father owns a resort there called The Magnolia Beach. It's about an hour away," Mitch told me. I nodded once more before again sitting back and watching as the sun set and the moon rose over the shimmering ocean.

-

The car pulled up to a large house on a white sandy beach. There were no other houses just the large one with a large driveway and fountains to the nines. It was practically made of glass. Hammocks hung outside on the porch and a huge pool sat around the back of the property.

I was too busy gawking at the house to notice that Mitch had opened my door, waiting for me to get out. I stumbled out of the car and Mitch went to the back to retrieve my bags.

A short woman with long bouncy curled hair in a yellow sundress rushed out of the house. She smiled as her eyes met mine, her blue one's lit with excitement.

"Aylin! Sweetie!" she reached out and hugged me so tightly I thought I would die due to lack of oxygen. I patted her back awkwardly.

She pulled back. "I'm Cassandra, but you can call me Cassi! Come in, come in!" She dragged me into the house and Mitch followed behind with some of my bags.