Chapter 16: Barbie Slaps Hurt Like A Bitch*

Hello lovelies. As you can see I got glasses! I think they look a bit strange but I'd love to know what you think. Adele's new song "Love in the Dark" matches this chapter perfectly. Up in the media. :)

Forever yours, ~Vamps

      Aylin Scott

     School was rough after he kissed me. Someone made up and spread a rumor that I tried to make Adrian have sex with me. The timing sucked.

     Of course Amy, Wyatt and obviously Adrian knew the truth, and although he denied it, no one believed him.

     I couldn't bear to talk to him, it made my heart hurt. He looked so broken and my heart was tearing in two. But I couldn't, I couldn't give him false hope, I couldn't give myself false hope.

    People in the hall would laugh at me, some would call me a slut and other hateful words, I had become the hated girl.

      They left notes on my locker and when I'd take them off I just saw notes from Adrian, pleading with me, asking me what he did wrong, telling me he was sorry. I would almost cry when I saw them.  I'd ignored his texts so much that he resorted to notes.

       I held one of these notes now, in my shaking fingers. How could I do this to him? To myself? I shook the thoughts from my head.

  Amy stood next to me shaking her head. At first she was angry with me, she told me off, threw things, and even ignored me. But when the rumors spread, she stood by me and so did Wyatt.

     They took turns walking me to class. It was hard, to see him, to face him. He was so betrayed and shut down.

      I crumpled the note and threw it in the trash. All it had said was 'please' and I was already crying inside.

     Amy held my shoulders and guided me to AP Bio. I wiped away the stray tears and entered the classroom.

       The others were too busy talking to one another to notice Amy and I walking to the back of the class.

     I spotted him, his eyes were lonely, looking out the window. His sadness overwhelmed me.

    His blueish-green orbs met mine and I had to look away. I continued walking to the back where I sulked into a plastic chair, trying to hide from him.

     I felt his eyes on the back of my head. His desk mere feet from mine.

      I tried to focus as Ms.Richards started the class by assigning a study guide and starting us on a web quest, handing out the class set of iPads.

       I tried to focus on the assignment, but I couldn't with his burning stare watching my every move.

      I had to escape.

   I walked quietly up to Ms.Richards' desk. "May I use the restroom?" I asked, trying to rub the cold numbness out of my arms.

    "Of course, Here's a pass," she smiled, completely oblivious to my inner turmoil.

    I nodded a thank you before walking out into the quiet hallway. I could hear the wind against the windows at the end of it which only made me feel lonelier.

    It had been raining for 3 days straight. Amy told me it rained often during April.

       I walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror.