Chapter 24: Fighting Back

Hey lovelies. This chapter is really... Dark. This time it is. Everything goes to shit.

Forever yours, ~Vamps

Aylin Scott

The idea of people fighting for your attention, your love, your devotion, it may sound romantic but in reality it's hell. Especially when one of them is a creep that you hate, that makes the hair stand on your arms.

      Anthony wasn't fighting over me really, he was fighting to hurt me. And because of this Adrian was seething.

I watched Adrian rage.Wyatt and some other random guy tried to hold him back.

Anthony was snarling cuss words at him. I stood there, despair coursing through my veins. All of a sudden I felt as if I could fall backwards and into a black hole. This was all my fault.

Anthony was screaming now, two guys barely holding him back. And that was it. Adrian snapped. He broke free from the holds on him and barreled forward in rage.

*************************

Earlier that day

I sat in class. I wasn't really thinking about anything, except for the fact that I had a lit paper due tomorrow that I had barely started and how hungry I was.

I felt sick. A feeling in the pit of my stomach was dark and lonely whispering doubts into my head.

The same doubts I used to have in Seattle. The very same I had thought were gone when I met my friends... Adrian. But I was more damaged than I could remember.

My mind was scattered, my thoughts bouncing around.

I rubbed my tired eyes and tried to focus on the task at hand but my success was limited.

    I felt as though I was falling away. As though my soul was mourning a lost part of myself.

    In my old life this feeling used to be normal, an everyday occurrence really. But I hadn't felt this in a while and right now it was hitting me ten times harder than it ever had.

   I should know better. Depression doesn't up and leave when you find a sliver of happiness.

   The bell rang and my heavy heart heaved a sigh.

    I collected my things and made my way down the long hallway. I wasn't even sure where I was going.

   I ended up in the bathroom in front of the mirror.

    My eyes were dark, my face looking pale. I moved my hair away from my full eyes. No light filled them.

   Amy wasn't here today, she had a dentist appointment, Wyatt was here somewhere but I hadn't seen him.

   I felt so young and old all at the same time. The feelings of anger and confusion mixed with my sadness.

   I was so angry. I wanted to scream at my mother. She'd left me in this little hell of my mind.

     I didn't blame her though. Who could ever want a big broken girl?

   I wandered out of the bathroom and to my class. I couldn't even begin to think.

    I curled my fingers into a fist and gritted my teeth quietly. I wanted to hide somewhere far away. My pain was so foreign. I wanted to go back to my new happiness.

   Silly me. You can't just pack away depression in a box and just forget about it. It was always there, even when it hid behind a fake façade of smiles or laughter.