Chapter 17: Pain is Temporary*

Wow! A lot of you got upset by the last chapter. It was very worrisome. Of course it doesn't end there, there's a lot of book left my lovelies. Nothing is set in stone. I hope this gives you some relief.

     Forever yours, ~Vamps

    Aylin Scott

     My body was raw. When I woke up I felt all the pains dull to aches.

      Amy and Wyatt went home a few hours ago, I assumed it was evening, seeing as it was dark and still raining on the usually sunny island.

     I hadn't noticed his still form, sitting on the edge of the bed.

    "I can't anymore," he shook his head. "I don't care about the kiss, you're my friend, and I'm not going to lose you over it." His voice was firm.

     I felt my heart tear in two, I wanted him so badly, but I knew I couldn't. I wasn't ready to love or be loved for that matter.

It felt like this whole mess began in this room and now it would hopefully end.

"Adrian," I whispered. His wonderfully familiar orbs looked up into mine.

"I'm sorry." I whispered again, a single tear escaping from my eye.

He shook his head. "I should be the one apologizing, I shouldn't have rushed you into something you weren't sure of and I should've done more to protect you from those insane rumors..." He looked down shaking his head.

I had to be strong, I wanted to be brave. "It's not you, it's what's happened to me that left me this damaged human being. I'm afraid of losing you. You, Amy, Wyatt, Cassi, my dad, this place... It's the best thing that's ever happened to me, and...I can't lose it, I-I can't lose you." I stuttered, my chin starting to wobble.

Adrian shook his head and I reached out for his hand, taking it in mine. "This is my fault," I told him, as I started to cry.

He looked up at me and I could tell he felt bad but he was too hurt to do anything. "I shouldn't have ignored you, but... I was so scared." I held his hand tightly in mine.

Although I had big hands, his one hand was much bigger and more calloused than mine, probably from surfing.

"And now this, these wounds... I deserve them." That's when he snapped.

"No one deserves to be beat up by Ansley, have terrible rumors spread about them, and be embarrassed in front of the whole school!" He growled standing up.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to pound Ansley's face in. I wanted to scream at everyone to stop watching you, I wanted to pick you up and carry you myself!" He yelled.

I felt more tears come to my eyes as I shriveled back against the head board. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

He looked at me and seemed to notice how his change in demeanor affected me.

He softened a bit. "Oh for the love of God, stop apologizing and don't do that." He replied tiredly.

"Do what?" I asked cautiously.

"Bite your lip like that, it drives me crazy." He stared at my mouth and I immediately let go of my bottom lip and squirmed under his heated gaze.

"Look..." He sat back in his spot on the bed. "I just wish you would've talked to me, not ignored me. I could've protected you from all this, the bullying, Ansley." He shook his head for the millionth time tonight.