Chapter 29

a/n: hi readers. i'm happy to see you guys enjoying the story. next week is my prelims wish me luck. can't wait to finish this nursing term. i am in very much in need of a summer vacation haha <3

(*^*)

To Severus Snape,

I apologize for not being present to tell you these things in person. But I take it that you out of people would understand that there are dire circumstances that prevent one from doing so, especially considering that you, yourself have not been present in your own daughter's life.

Ten years ago, Lily had approached me and my deceased husband, Derrek to ask if we would be willing to raise her three year-old daughter. She said that it was not safe for the child to grow up with her and you, her father, who was actively took part in the first wizarding war. So we agreed. She had also asked us to keep Sorrel's existence a secret, even from you for a reason.

Like her brother, your daughter's fate is also tied with the Dark Lord. I'm sure you have lots of question. But I cannot tell you everything as I do not have even a clue that would to those answers. We did our best to provide Sorrell with a safe and happy childhood. We do not know why Sorrell was able to develop her own Obscurus. We think that it must be tied with her fate that she cannot escape. The Obscurus inside her body is slowly consuming her.

I have consulted with many seers and soothsayers. They've said that she does not have a lot time left, and that the only way for her to survive was for her to be reunited with you, her father. So despite my apprehensions to entrust our precious treasure, our Schatzi to you, I've sent her to Hogwarts to find you in hopes that she may survive. Lily's last words to us was that you, Severus Snape can be trusted. So I am putting my faith on Lily's words and trust you.

Inside this letter is a lockette which Lily left for her daughter. Lily had asked us to give it to her when she is ready. I believe it would be best that you be the one to give it to Sorrell instead after you explain to your daughter the dire circumstances of the past. I would like to hear this explanation as well.

I am currently travelling to America to meet with Newt Scamander in my own search for my granddaughter's cure. Please take care of Sorrell. Keep her alive. Protect her.

From Emillia Grace Schmied, Lily's great-great-great-grandaunt

(^°^)

Severus could not count how many times he read that letter before he burned the tear-stained paper, destroying any evidence which could hint what dangerous power his daughter possessed. Now Lily's locket lays cold in his pockets. He did not know how he would be able to explain and hand it over to his daughter, much less how to approach the unhappy child who decided to avoid him, by busying herself with convincing all other professors to pull her out of first year classes and place her in more advance classes, in order to avoid other students as well.

This past few days Severus Snape found himself in a daze, staring at his bare forearms that were once covered with a mark that represented his nefarious past, a mark that was now gone and permanently erased thanks to his daughter. A miraculous existence born out of the short-lived love between him and Lily. Meeting her for the first time, his daughter has shown how much more miraculous her existence was.

Never in wizarding history had there been an Obscurial able to control their own Obscurus. He would know because Snape had buried himself in the magical archives and libraries to search for one that manage to survive and find a cure. However, the information seemed to be limited as one particular Obscurial had been used as a weapon during the Global Wizarding War, and died. He had ripped the pages which hold those information and burned them as well. A familiar sense of dread sank in his stomach. He refused to loose anything important in his life again.