Chapter 19

( × ^ × )

July 27, 1999

Dear Ms. McGonagall

I am Hermione Jane ̶G̶r̶a̶ Potter née Granger, an in-coming student of Hogwarts. I have sent this letter to you to give a formal request.

You might be aware of my 'questionable' identity with regards with my 'appellations'. I'd imagine you would have your own theories as well. And I and Harry James Potter, also a future student of Hogwarts, would be happy to answer all your questions upon our arrival. However, we would like to request you not to disclose this matter to anyone.

If you have disclosed this matter to someone before you have received this letter, we sincerely hope that you keep it to yourselves. But if not, I hope that we can trust you with our secret.

Yours Respectfully,

Hermione Jane Potter née Granger

( ○ ■ ○)

August 31, 1999....

The bushy brown haired girl stretched her arms yawning as she put a letter inside one of the Never-Burnt-Never-Drenched Envelopes she bought along with her other school supplies in Papers and Quils. She glance back to see her friend reading one of her potions book on his bed.

"Thank you for letting me borrow Hedwig to send my letters, Harry."

The boy close the book to look as his best friend sitting by his study desk in her Rugrats pajamas.

'You used to always watch them with me too. I like them. They're comfortable.' She answered his silent thoughts.

'I didn't say anything. You look adorable in them.' He thought cheekily back.

'Uh-huh.'

"You know I don't mind lending you Hedwig, Hermione. Besides, This pretty owl is always eager to fly out the house." He smiled petting the snowy owl's head. Hedwig's hoot echoed in his room as the owl flew from her stand beside the boy's bed to the window in front of his work desk.

The bushy brown haired girl tied the letter to Hedwig's foot and handed the beautiful snowy owl a treat stroking her soft white feathers.

"Thank you, Hedwig."

The snowy owl happily hoot and flew out the open window. Hermione sighed collapsing on the bed beside Harry. He set his down by the table and folded his legs facing the other sprawled mass of body on his bed staring blankly at the ceiling.

"What if they don't like me?" She asked saying her thoughts aload as the boy picked a thick strand of her long hair to play with.

"Then I guess all the other wizards and witches in Hogwarts have poor eyes because you are the coolest person I know."

"You were contacts, Harry." He chuckled as she rolled his favorite chocolate colored eyes at him.

"Okay. Maybe not the coolest." Harry caught her hand just before his violent friend could pinch him. "But definitely the smartest, most caring and most beautiful person I know."