Chapter 6

Morning past and the two kids spent the whole afternoon in the library studying. Harry and Hermione had enough magic for today. They decided to research about the weird thing that happened earlier with Harry's scar the next day.

"Harry! Hermione! Time for lunch!" Nanny Gracie yelled from downstairs. The two kids immediately race on the stair and sat at the dinner table.

" ...your mother said that she and your father can't come home till ten. So don't wait up for them." Grace said as she started cleaning up the table. They helped.

"That's okay. I understand."

The little girl smiled. Though inside she was a bit disappointed. The two children went to the sink and started washing the dishes. Harry couldn't help but glance at his friend worried.

'Are you really fine with it, Hermione?' He asked in his head. The little girl looked back at her friend as she wiped the plates dry.

'I could tell you I am. But you'll just read my mind. Won't you?' She replied. Harry grinned.

Young Potter liked the thought of being able to read Hermione's head. He felt more closer and connected to her this way.

'Me too.' She admitted. The two continued to stare at each other's eyes enjoying their shared thoughts.

"Are you two kids hiding something?"

The old woman suddenly appeared between the two kids. They jumped in shock. Nanny Gracie eyed the two little sweethearts suspiciously. She had noticed them staring and smiling at each other for the last 10 minutes.

"Care to share with Nanny Gracie your secret?" She asked sensing something off with their eye exchanges.

"WHAT SECRET? WE DON'T HAVE A SECRET."

Both suspected kids answered at the same time. Harry and Hermione both cringe realizing that their reply would only make the old woman more suspicious.

'Do you think we should tell her?' Harry asked looking at the girl in the corner of his eyes not moving him as not to alarm the old woman more.

'Are you crazy?! She'll think we're both crazy.' The girl answered trying to think of ways to get of this mess.

Telling Nanny Gracie was definitely not the answer. Hermione knew her nanny always had a way to find out things before anyone does, especially if it was a secret specifically  kept from her. Plus, she doubts that her nanny would believe any of farfetched things that they would claim they could do.

'You don't know that. We could always prove it by levitating some of the things here in the house.' Harry reasoned. The boy did have a point. The girl accepted his reasoning but was still hesitant. Hermione recalled the time they visited her nanny at the hospital. She looked so frail lying on the hospital bed.

'It hasn't been long since she recovered from her concussion. The doctors said that doing anything too exciting might overwhelm her body, especially with her age. I don't want to risk Nanny getting a heart attack when she sees us levitating random things around.' Hermione replied.

Now that Harry could read Hermione's mind, he could see just how important Nanny Gracie was to Hermione. The old woman had become a role model to her. Hermione couldn't think what her life may have been without her nanny. During the times she was bullied before Harry, it was Nanny Gracie that motivated herself not to play victim to their bullying and stayed with her during the times she cried alone even without making her tell the reason at all. It was her that filled in the gap that her parents, Cristine and Ben could not fill in her life.