Chapter 32

a/n: re-reading the first chapters of the story. i kinda regretted the concept of getting them to be magically married accidentally as kids.  i just comfort myself by thinkig that this isnt actually a real bool but a fanfic. so if i want to write something cheesy. i can put all the cheese i want haha

hope you enjoy this chapter

(^'^)

All of the Gryffindor Quidditch team were gathered in the field, along with the curious spectator who wanted to watched their team tryouts. It was a perfect Saturday morning. The sun was out and there was not a trace of cloud in the sky, which rarely happened with the weather in Scotland. There were less students, than last year who came for the tryouts. But Oliver Woods, the over zealous captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team not deterred. Quality over quantity, he thought, reasoning to calm himself.

He flinched two young Gryffindors in their third year crash to each other, trying to catch the snitch. Poor coordination, he sighed as took notes on the clipboard beside their names. He watched another tryouting student in his second year ram straight into the goalpost. Terrible flying skills, he noted. He glanced at the fourth year who managed to dodge the two when they fell. It was his third time tryout and Oliver was please to seem some improvement in his Quidditch skills.

He glared at the pair of troublesome Weasley's beside him who were chortling at the sight of their fellow Gryffindors bouncing uncontrollably, on the newly enchanted ground with Spongified Charms at the Quidditch field. He sighed knowing that he would not be able to control them like how the decided to ignore his instructions, not to play around on the ground yesterday at their team practice. But the two devils with the same face decided to bounce on it to their hearts content, wasting 30 minutes of their practice time.

The Gryffindor tryouts was done through a fast-game version of Quidditch to test their skills. It was 3v3, but since their were only five brave Gryffindors who came to the tryouts. Alicia Spinnet, his fellow classmate in fifth year, decided to join one of the team. Currently, she was the only remaining standing member of her team, while the other team had the fourth year student and-

"Keep your head in the game, Team Chaser!" said the first year student, snatching the ball right out of Alicia hands, as he zooms pass her with his broom, his raven hair brushing through the winds, throwing the Quaffle and made a goal. 

"GO HARRY!"

Loud cheers came from the other Quidditch Tower, where all the first year Gryffindors gathers. Oliver quickly ran out to the edge of the Quidditch stand and grabbed his binoculars, to watch the young Potter wizard dove below the goalpost to catch the Quaffle before it touched the ground and passed it towards his older team mate. He was surprised at first, but decided to follow the youngest Gryffindor's lead and throw the ball, scoring a goal for himself.

"Let's keep making goals. Until one of us finds the Snitch!" the young Potter wizard said to his team mate. But before they could fly back to the goaling area, Alicia Spinnet snatched the ball back from their hands, no longer wearing a disappoint expression as she grinned, "Don't think you can make that easy again, boys." 

Superb flying skills and agility. Check.

Exceptional coordination. Check.

Good communication and teamwork skills. Check.

When the tryouts everyone was so focused on finding the snitch, since the open spot was for a Seeker. They all forgot about the rules of the game itself. In the fast game version of Quidditch, their was no Golden Snitch or Bludgers involved. It was about who can make the most goals in a limited amount of time. He thought he would have to pause, the game to remind them about this. But he was overjoyed to see, the first year student Madam Hooch recommended to him did not only have excellent athletic skills, but brains as well.