Chapter 18

Later that night...

The creature glared at the atrocious object in his owner's hand. Though his freezing glare seemed to be less effective when one of his eyes was swollen and bleeding

"Kriecher. Hold still. We need to disinfect your wound." His little human owner huffed brushing her unruly brown locks away from her face.

It was hard enough for the girl to tame her stubborn bushy brown hair in the windy August weather. But she had to deal with the equally stubborn bird.

"Stop being difficult." The young golden eagle screeched unnecessarily loud as if to humor the human girl.

Kriecher looked rather pleased with himself seeing his owner's hands protect her ears dropping the disinfectant in her hand. But the young eagle's joy was caught short when he saw water pooling from his mistress' eyes.

After many months of being in the girl's care, the young eagle grew very fond of the little human. He began to understand what the little actions she does meant. Usually when water appears in his mistress' eyes, it means that she is sad.

Humans were indeed very strange. But Kriecher did not like to see his mistress sad. He didn't want to see water falling down his mistress' eyes. He wanted to see the beautiful sparkles in her earth-colored eyes as she pulls her lips to her cheeks as she gently pets his wings.

So Kriecher swept down and picked the drenched small white fluffy ball dropped on the floor with his beak, skeptical if such a foul smelling thing would help him heal. But Kriecher knew it would please his mistress to her put this guck on his wound. So he softly nudged his mistress with his head.

Hermione looked up and saw the stubborn eagle quietly perched on his stand with the disinfectant in his beak. She smiled as the golden eagle dropped the cotton ball on her hand and pet the sweet creature's head.

"Good Kriecher. Now this will hurt a bit- " Hermione could see the young eagle wanted to bolt as if comprehending her words so she stroke his feather's to calm his anxiety. "But I promise to make it quick. So stay still. Okay?"

The creature only continued to stare at the human girl as his reply. He wasn't clawing or flying away to escape as she expected him too. So she took that as his yes. She lifted her hand and carefully cleaned the wound from the awful scratch, the big mean owl left her poor eagle, across his left eye. Fortunately enough, it didn't seem to have gash his eye. Eagles like Kriecher mostly depended on their sight for their survival.

A sting shot through his wounded eyes but it soon quickly fade as his mistress blowing his wound cooling the stinging burn.

"There much better." She cooed petting the golden eagle's head affectionately. It was a shame that she had to cover one of Kriecher eye with a gauze.

As time pass by, Hermione witnessed the young baby eaglet she once found injured alone in the forest grow into her doughty eagle. She witnessed how his once soft fluffy white feathers turn into beautiful golden wings, and his once cold black untrusting eyes fade into warm yellow orbs like the morning day sun.

"Amazing. In all the years I lived in the woods, I've never seen a wild bird so tamed." Remus spoked up from the sides observing the young golden eager rub it's head affectionately to his owners hands. Hermione smiled in reply.

"Kriecher is a special bird."

( * , *)

With everything else settled after the misfortunate feathery mishap, the two very tired muggles and three equally exhuasted wizards sat in the living room. After putting Kriecher to his personal aviary, the bushy brown haired witch joined their group sitting beside her silent friend.