Chapter 13

It was a quarter pass six when Mr. and Mrs. Granger arrived home in the evening, frazzled after a long day from work. In the past, both of the couple struggled to cope juggling between dealing with their busy work schedule and attending to the kid's needs. They would always find themselves frantically running from two different place at a short time. But by the time Harry and Hermione were old enough for school, it was easier for them to take overtimes in their clinic without worrying too much about leaving the kids by themselves.

Both Cristine and Ben were surprised when their daughter suggested enrolling this year even with some of her unpleasant experiences in the past. It caused great pain to them as well seeing their baby deal with all the bullying she experience alone in school which slowy distanced their daughter away from them. But now that Hermione has Harry as her constant companion, they were confident both of  them would keep the other from getting into any problem along their way.

Until now.

"WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!" Ben yelled.

There lied in the kitchen was some kind of ridiculousy fluffy white foreign being sitting on the center on their family dining table with one of its wing wrap in a makeshift bandage cast.

"Its adorable."

Ben cringed hearing his wife cooes. He knew this was definitely an arguement in the making.

"Welcome back, daddy."

His little girl smiled innocently as if she had not brought a blasted beast in his house making no attempt to move away from the creature. It seemed to be very taken in with his girl as it rub its head against her hand.

"Honey, step away from that thing."
Ben said signalling his wife to come closer to his side, behind the safety of the couch.

"Its hardly any rabid animal, Ben. Stop being such a ninny. Its just a harmless bird."

Cristine rolled her eyes as he brushed passed her faint-hearted husband to get a better look at the drowsy creature.

"Aren't you just precious?" The woman cooed.

"Its a wild animal, Cristine. That bloody bird is practically longing to get a swipe at us with its bloody claws."

Both the female Grangers rolled their eyes at Ben's ludicrous conclusion.

"Now, lets all move along before it tries to eat one of us. I'll call the city's animal control. Honey, grab the kids." Ben disagreed eyeing the creature carefully.

"Krieger doesn't eat humans, daddy." Hermione countered.

"Oh great, she already gave it a name." He grumbled and yelped as he felt his wife elbow him on his side.

"Where did you find him dear?" Hermione's mother asked ignoring her overly apprehensive spouse.

"Along the tree lines at the back." She answered fondly petting the bird.

"Why did you name it Krieger?" Cristine inquired showing more enthusiam for her daughter's new acquiantance than her husband.

"Its German for warrior."

All the sudden talk woke the said Krieger from its slumber and cawed spotting the unfamiliar presence at the room failing to intimidate the intruders with its fluffy white baby form.

"Awww, how could you name this adorable precious thing something unfriendly?" Cristine cooed reaching out to pet it's soft feathers.

But its cute appearance didn't seem to match its character as the young creature advanced to bite the woman's hand. Luckily, Ben was able to pull hid wife back before the creature could rip off one of her fingers.