Chapter 5

The next day.......

Harry made Hermione tell her parents what happened with Cherriè and her croonies, and all the other things they have ever done to her in her previous school. Ben and Cristine were furious, more so dissappointed that she was only telling them now and dealt with Fletcher's parents again.

Despite being unabled to do so themselves, they were happy to see Harry being the support they wanted themselves to be for Hermione. They could see the trust and concern these two wonderful children had for each other, building a strong foundation in what seemed to be a life long friendship.

This didn't meant they going to let their daughter go unpunished though. Hermione was not permitted to leave outside their house for two weeks. And this meant both she and Harry were stuck in the house for fourteen long days.

It was a beautiful rare sunny morning for the London sky. The two kids decided to spend the day in the garden, currently occupied with a game of chess. Bored as she was. An idea suddenly popped up in the little girl's head.

"Let's practice some magic." Hermione whispered excitedly.

"Checkmate. I thought you said no more practicing magic in the house." Harry said moving his bishop.

"You win." She said withholding a groan. 'For the hundredth time.' She  thought. "Yes. But technically, we're not inside the house."

"Grace might have a coronary when she sees Christine's favorite daffodil's floating in the air, Hermione." Harry rebutted. "Best two out of three?"

"You'll just win again." She sighed.

Little young Potter apparently has a knack at chest. The first time Hermione introduced chest to Harry became the only time she will probably be able to ever defeat him in the game again. After that, little Granger had never tasted the sweet flavor of victory again.

"Nanny Gracie is out buying groceries. She won't return for an hour or two. Come on." She grabbed the boy's hand and led him through her room.

This wasn't the first time Harry has been in Hermione's room. But he still gets astonished by the sheer number of book inside the room. One wall had been completely covered by shelves of books of different varied volumes and genres.

They both sat on her bed and started levitating books off her shelf. Harry and Hermione seemed to have manage to gain some control over their powers now. They found out that concentration is the main key of manipulating their powers. Levitation was the only thing they tried so far. Hermione said that they needed to have a better feel of their own power before trying out spells. Since levitation seemed to be an obvious safer choice than exploding empty canister, they stuck to practicing on making her old encyclopedias float.

Few of the books stated that exercising your magical energy will help one gain better control. It will also help strengthening their endurance since wielding large amount of magic can take a toll in their physical energy. Practicing and exercising magic will also help lessen this.

Seeing both of their improvement, Hermione thought that they were finally ready to try another level of magic.

"Let's try out a spell!" Hermione said. Harry seemed unsure with the idea.

"Hermione, are you sure we're ready for that?" He asked.

"Absolutely." She gave him a cheeky grin. "The spell is called Inperpetuum. Its a type of bonding spell that will combine our magical cores together. Nothing dangerous."

"Where did you find this spell?"

"In the book I found in a local bookstore with Nanny Gracie, Incantationem. All we have to do is hold hands and say the spell. So whenever you're in danger my magic will protect you and the same goes for me."