Chapter 28

For many years now, Minerva McGonagall had considered Hogwarts as her own home. It has happened from the day when she first entered the castle as a student, to when she became the Head Girl in her 7th year, and to the day when she returned back to Hogwarts as a teacher slowly gaining more experience as a wizarding mentor, becoming the head of the house which she was sorted in, and finally Hogwarts's Deputy Headmistress as of the present. 

She had vast experience when it comes to teaching her students. She had handled all types of students from the best to the most troublesome ones. There was nothing that students could do that could faze her anymore. However, the veteran professor was still caught surprised when the doors of her classroom suddenly burst open, and a group of energetic first year student from the house she headed sprinted inside. There was still 30 minutes before their morning Transfiguration class officially started.

McGonagall stared pointedly at the bushy brown haired witch who entered the classroom first, together with the young raven haired wizard. Both Harry and Hermione froze, not expecting to find their professor to arrive much earlier than them in the classroom. 

"Haa, ha, h-how do you both run so fast?!" the young Weasley wizard wheezed as he collapsed on a chair. But quickly stood up straight, after receiving the warning glances from the very fast pair of best friends, realizing that they were not the only person in the classroom.

"I thought morning jogs was a silly muggle practice." Seamus Finnigan commented as he strolled in the classroom, together with Dean who said, "You guys don't joke around when your workout."

They both quickly found themselves in the same state of trepidations after seeing their stern Transmigration professor sitting behind the teacher's desks in the front of the classroom with her arms crossed. Neville, Parvati and Lavender ran in, quickly freezing like the rest.

"W-w-we're not l-late. A-are we, Professor?" asked the young Longbottom wizard who found himself stuttering once again from nervousness.

"Not at all," replied McGonagall arching up a brow. "Though, I was not expecting too see the youngest new members of my house to arrive in my classroom this early. Nor this out of breath. I hope you were not running down the halls."

No one spoke afraid that they would earn demerit points for their house. It was known that Professor McGonagall did not hesitated to dock points from her own house if her students were at fault.

"We," Hermione stalled to turn the knobs in her brain, before constructing some passable excuse on the spot.  "We were only sharing with our dormmates about muggle culture, Professor McGonagall. We thought it would be good to let them experience some light morning jogs. It's what muggles do to help strengthen their body and focus the mind. I was skeptical about it myself but Harry manage to convince me to jog everyday. I found that its really beneficial for the mind."

"It's true, Professor!" Harry quickly supported, hoping the stern Deputy Headmistress would by the excuse. "We just wanted our new friends try this method together with Hermione and I so we could focus our minds and be more prepared for your class."

Her pointed gaze dropped to their said friends, who quickly nodded their heads to express their agreement with the bright witch among bunch. Being smart surely had it perks. None of them could think of a more logical excuse as quick as their intellectually gifted friend.

"Very well," the older witch relented with a smile. After all, this was the first time she had seen such strong enthusiasm from the entire first-years of her house to get to her class early. No doubt it was brought about the intelligent young witch who was currently acting impish. "After this morning jog, I'm expecting a remarkable performance from all of you in this class. But please do refrain from doing any form of physical exercise in the halls in the future."