Chapter 11

Tiring was the only world Harry and Hermione could describe to this eventful day. From transporting to a magical bank run by goblins to learning the truth about Harry's family and identity, the two young couple have enough of magic for once. Not only did Harry had to stress about explaining to Ben and Cristine what happened to them, but he also had to deal with the issue of being a child celebrity in the whole wizarding community. The whole speculations about the boy-who-lived being the one to vanquish the dark lord also did not help with his stress either. The thought that somewhere out there was a dead man trying to resurrect to kill him surely did not settle well with the boy at all.

'DON'T THINK ABOUT THAT!'

Hermione yelled in his head. That part did not settle well with his friend either. Just thinking of the all powerful dark wizard who was out to kill her best friend sent shivers to her spine. Harry dying was unthinkable for Hermione.

"Now since I answered all of your questions, may I ask you to answer some of mine?" Ragnok asked. They both nodded.

"Why are children such as yourself married at such young age?"

There was a short pause. The words came such a shock in the children's ears. Harry was more quick to recover though he kept his silence as he waited for the girl to come in terms with the words as well.

"M-married?!" Hermione croaked.

"Yes. Your magics have been bounded together. Is it not? The marks on your left hands are proof of it." The old goblin said.

"What marks?"

Harry asked raising his own left hand to inspect it. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to stick their.

"You are too young too see it. A magical couple must consummate their bond first. But your mark are very visible to others." Ragnok explained.

"C-consummate?"

Hermione blushed recalling the mosr awkward talk she was forced to have with her mother about the birds and the bees along with all the other unfortunate side of growing up as a young female.

"Ben will kill me." was all that Harry could mutter under his breath.

"Who is this Ben that you speak of?" The old goblin replied.

"Hermione's father." Harry answered.

"Ahh. I see. You seem to be surprise with this information." The old goblin observed.

"We didn't know that binding our magic would mean getting married for magical beings. Hermione was only six. I was five then." Harry explained.

"So young. Magical binding is one of the sacred rights for magical beings. For a person to magically bind their magic to another means that they are willing to commit their whole lives to that person." Ragnok said.

"Isn't there a way to break it?" Hermione questioned which seemed to have offended the old goblin.

"Do not be foolish, child. You can only bind your magic to one person. And that one person is said to be your perfect match. It is eternal and unbreakable. People have died trying to bind their magic to the wrong person. Many bad thing has happen to those who attempt to break it."

"But- "

"Hermione." Harry cut her off stopping her from saying any more words she may regret.

"Hermione, look at me."

The girl glanced at her best friend with frantic eyes. Her mind was in a state of turmoil.

"Didn't we promise to never leave and take care of each other?" Harry asked.