Chapter 8

4 years later....... (Harry 10 & Hermione 11)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!"

The little girl quickly jumped over the birthday boys bed waking him up from his dream. Harry groggily sat up with a lazy grin.

" 'Morning, Hermione....." He yawned.

Years have passed since Harry Potter was adopted by the Grangers and has grown a lot ever since then. Over the past years, Hermione have taken the duty to constantly remind him about his height or lack of it to be precise. But by the time he reached nine, he began to tower over his teasing friend.

"Don't get over too confident, Mister. You're midget height before suited you more. With you being so tall now, you end up looking like a big baby." She poked him as she continued to jump up and down on his bed trying to wake the birthday boy up.

"Who's a big baby?"

Harry quickly tackled the girl while she was caught of guard tickling her mercilessly.

"Sto-.....hahahahha....Ha-harry!" She laughed trying to escape.

Hermione cursed the day this boy signed up for kickboxing. Harry taught it would be good to learn something that can help them protect themselves. She, however, declined not wanting to take part in such violent and strenuous sport. Thus, explains her current lack of physical defense against the kickboxing bloke and his exeptional good record in tickle fights.

His fun ended as a new person entered the scene.

"Will you stop torturing my baby with tickles, Harry and blow your cake before the candles melt? I happen to have made quite an effort to make this."

Cristine entered with a rich chocolate strawberry cake in hand. Hermione quickly used this given opportunity to immediately escape out the bed.

"I was the one who made the cake. You just ended up eating most of the frosting while I did the actual baking, Mum." The little girl remarked after moving into a safe distance from her torturer.

"Yes and might I say I did a darn good job at it." She retorted in humour earning her chuckles from the kids.

"Thanks for the cake, Hermione." Harry said.

"Where's my thanks? I was the one who put the candles." Cristine teased.

"Thanks, Cristine." The boy got up and gave the woman a quick hug.

"What's this I step out to get the camera and I find you embracing another man?"

Ben entered. The girls giggled.

"Enough with the theatrics, hon. Harry is just a little boy." Cristine rolled her eyes.

"Hey! Don't insult my little man. He's growing up to be one fine lad." Ben chuckled sitting on the bedside the bed ruffling the boy's hair. Harry grinned.

"Blow your candles and make a wish." Cristine instructed. With one quick blow, the boy put out all the light.

'You didn't make a wish.' Hermione scolded the boy in her head, knowing full well he would hear her thoughts. Harry showed a full smile towards his friend and thought.

'I've already gotten mine a long time ago.'

He thought as he stared at his favorite warm chocolate brown eyes.

She smiled.

(+*+)

School is said to be one of the most memorable experience in a person's life. Probably because of the almost torturous boring class discussions they had to endure. Harry thought as he fought to keep awake during his afternoon class.