Chapter 9

Harry was exhausted.

Apparating for seven consecutive straight times had drained the energy out of him. The boy laid breathless on his back trying to recall how he got himself in this position. Ah.

He remembers.

Since his friend had absolutety insisted that it was 'most absolutely vital' to further know the full capacity of Apparation than conjuring an equally fast Bugatti Veyron, Harry had volunteered to be the test dummy for her experiment.

Witnessing Hermione turn into tiny pieces of dust particles again and the whole losing a body part addendum was not a prospective Harry would likely take again.

The boy laid dead flat on the ground as the girl hovered worriedly above him.

"I'm sorry." She said for the fifth or sixth time. He lost count. He didn't even had any energy to think.

"It's not your fault, Hermione." He answered as he tried to sit up. She aided to him.

"No. Its entirely my fault. I pushed you too hard. Do you think you can walk home?"

He tried to stand up almost tripping on his first step. Luckily, she was able to catch him. Hermione started internally scolding herself for being such a bad friend.

"I'm fine really, Hermione. Stop blaming yourself."

"Don't comfort me when you look like a newborn cattle trying to walk because of me." She glared. He chuckled at her precise analogy.

"I didn't turn into a cow, Hermione. I just feel like I've run a 100 mile marathon....."

She frowned.

"Look. How about we make this my punishment for getting you into trouble in Ms. Minchin's class earlier if it makes you feel any better." He offered knowing she would agree.

"You're too nice, Harry."

Hermione wondered if what other students in the school say was true that she really was taking advantage of Harry's kindness.

"Who says you're taking advantage of me? I'm just trying to sneak my way out of the favor I promised you. Who knows what will happen to my poor brain if we spent another extra day in the libra-" He said receiving a smack in the head. This time he failed to dodge.

"Ouch. That hu-........" He paused as he felt soft lips pressed to his cheek. Harry could feel the heat from the kiss spread throughout his whole face.

"Thank you."

(●'.'●)

The two children decided to rest in the clearing before returning home. Harry had his head laid on Hermione's lap as he played around with her curly brown locks.

"Your hair is longer." He remarked twirling a strand of it around his fingers.

"Mhmmm." She answered mindlessly. Harry shook his head.

Once again his friend was lost in her own world of books and literature. He could hear her thoughts wandering far beyond the nature of the present time absorbing each word she reads that gave her new knowledge.

Like Hermione, he did not worry over about the short passing time. But different from his adorable bookish friend, he did not spent it wandering lost about the vast possibilities of what lies within the uncharted parts of the world. Harry always opted to spend his time admiring the beautiful scenery in front of his sight.

'Soft brown curls. Warm brown eyes. Smooth creamy colored skin. Pink full lips.....'

He mused as he took in every perfect feature of his beautiful friend. The girl face down to match the boy's emerald gaze setting aside her book.