Chapter 7

Today was a start for another perfect day for our young wizard Harry Potter.

Ever since the Grangers have taken him in as his guardian family, nothing had gone wrong. What more, now that he had his beautiful, smart and kind friend.

Hermione.

After the incident of their first spell, both of them discovered that binding their magic, binds their thoughts as well. Though this may be limited to each other minds, it was not limited, however, to any range of distance.

This little discovery of his was found by accident when Hermione run off to ask her nanny for some milk for the both of them. As the boy waited for his friend, Harry got suddenly very curious as to what could possibly take her so long to get milk. To his surprise, Harry had found himself hearing a very interesting conversation of Hermione and Nanny Gracie about the future. Their future family to be precise. He blushed.

After the odd conversation the two females had, Hermione quickly headed for her room beet red as she too discovered Harry could listen to the embarrassing conversation about their supposed future family together.

Neither of the child spoke to each other and drank their milk in silence while they both bickered with each other not to peek a thought from the others mind. Atlas, both could not comply to each other's own request as their bounded magic unabled them to hide their thoughts from each other.

A smile slowly crept its way to Potter's lips as he recalled the last thought that past through his friend's beautiful mind.

Maybe. It wouldn't be so bad.

Like Hermione, Harry would be looking very much forward to their future together.

"HERMIONE! HERMIONE! COME BACK HERE!"

A loud voice came from downstair. Alarmed, Harry swiftly run out of his room to see what the commotion was all about expecting to see the old woman and Hermione. Instead of Nanny Gracie, he saw Cristine and Ben chasing off a crying Hermione.

Something wasn't right.

Christine and Ben usually stayed in their apparent in London during weekends because it was the usual days where their work schedules were packed. So something must be really wrong. Harry tried to read and talk to Hermione through his mind but all her thoughts were clouded with her emotions. All he could read was the pain and turmoil his friend felt.

This was not the first time Harry saw Hermione cry but that didn't make it any less painful for him to see. Especially now after binding their magic, Harry could feel every emotion of hers as his own.

"What's happening? Where's Nanny Gracie?" Harry asked to Ben who currently stood still as he watch his wife talk to his crying daughter.

"Grace called last night and said that her husband, Derrek died from a stroke. She has to go back to Germany with the corpse to take care of his funeral." He answered.

"So why is Hermione crying? Isn't Nanny Gracie going to come back?" The boy asked worriedly. Ben shook his head.

"She won't. Derrek's death did not settle well with their granddaughter. Grace needs to be with her granddaughter right now. The poor child have developed panic seizures and been isolating herself from everyone but her grandmother. Grace is the only family that child has left."

The boy looked down and process the information. He was sad that Nanny Gracie left. But he also pitied her granddaughter. He could relate with the girl. They were kinda alike. He thought. The poor girl only had Nanny Gracie like he only had Hermione.

"LET ME GO!" Hermione screamed.

Frozen in shock, Cristine stood still as she witness her daughter run out the door. This was the first time Hermione ever screamed at her. Ever. It was a great shock to the mother. She was completely at loss what to do. It was only now the woman realize how clueless she was in handling her own child. But it couldn't be help. After all, she and Ben have been absent most of their daughter's life.