Entry #18

i had to jog to catch up to jimmy.

"are you okay?" i asked, struggling to keep up with jimmy's pace.

he sighed, wiping at his eyes. "i'm great," he answered sarcastically. "i just got yelled at and told by one of my best friends that he hates me, and the same 'friend' rubbed it in my face that I have no chance with the guy i like because he has a boyfriend who's a dick."

i slowed down a bit and looked down at the floor. "i'm sorry," i whispered. "i didn't mean to-"

"you didn't do anything," jimmy interrupted, then stopped and turned to me. "i'm sorry. i shouldn't be taking this out on you."

i shook my head. "no, it's fine."

"except it's not."

"it is."

"i'm not even mad at you."

"so?"

jimmy sighed again, shaking his head. "it's not right," he breathed, then smiled gently at me. oh, did that give me butterflies. "was there anything else you wanted to do?"

i shook my head, confused. "why are you asking me? you seemed to have an idea of what you wanted to do already. why let me intrude on that?"

"i didn't have anything planned," he confessed. "i was just going to go wherever fwhip went."

"oh." i nodded, then looked around for a moment before snickering. "ever been to spencer's?" i asked, grinning mischievously.

after a moment of obvious hesitation, jimmy shook his head. "no," he said slowly.

"oh, you're in for a treat."

of course, i immediately took him to the back of the store, which made him extremely flustered. i couldn't help but laugh as he rushed out of the store with his face all red. it was the funniest thing ever.

we spent the rest of the night together, just hanging around and window shopping at different stores. it was a lot of fun until jimmy brought me over to his actual friends.

they were all complaining about me being around when i got a call from joey. i sighed as i answered, then let jimmy know i needed to step away. i could faintly hear fwhip making fun of my ringtone. i should probably change it.

"what do you want, joey?" i asked.

"don't give me that attitude," he sneered. "you're in deep shit with zach for sneaking out." i froze, realising that i never did tell zach where i was. "i'm a push of a button away from sending that video to the rest of the school-"

"wait, no, don't," i blurted. i didn't want jimmy knowing i was a whore. "i'm coming back, i promise."

"good. can't wait to see what the basketball team says about this," joey said with a laugh.

i could feel the colour drain from my face. "you... sent it to the basketball team?"

"i mean, yeah, it's fucking funny."

with tears in my eyes, i shouted, "well, fuck you, too!" and hung up, storming away after texting jimmy goodbye.