Entry #28

TWs: mention of sex and sexual name calling. Stay safe, my loves <33

*  *  *

joey and a few other guys from the basketball team made up a lie the next day that i cheated on zach by sleeping with the rest of them. which was a complete lie because i hated sex. the very idea of it made me want to have a meltdown because of zach.

they crowded around me at my locker during passing time and teased me, calling me a slut for sleeping with the entire team. i was hiding behind my books so hopefully anyone passing by wouldn't be able to tell that it was me they were bullying. how embarrassing was it for your own friends to pick on you like that?

i was even more embarrassed when zach got there.

"i heard you've been sleeping with the whole team behind my back," he said with a grin as he leaned closer. "is this true, cupcake?"

i covered my face completely with my books as i mumbled, "i didn't, they're lying. i would never cheat-"

"then where's that side bitch of yours, you little whore?" zach growled, and i flinched. "huh? where's the little swimmer guy that you're so in love with?"

"he has a name," i said.

zach scoffed, backing away. "now you're defending him."

"i wouldn't have to defend him if you weren't such a-"

"watch it," zach warned, and i closed my mouth. "remember that little deal we made?" my eyes widened. "so far, you've broken every part of that deal. you're lucky i've been feeling generous. i could easily report your little hideout to the dean and you'll be taken away to some foster home in the middle of nowhere-"

"no!" i interrupted. "please don't tell the dean. i'll stay quiet, i promise!"

when zach had found out about my area backstage, he had threatened to tell the dean about it and have me put into foster care if i didn't sleep with him that night. and it quickly became a regular thing. he promised not to snitch as long as i did something for him. and he used it to do whatever he wanted to me.

"i have an idea," joel cut in, materialising from out of nowhere, it seemed. "how about you back the fuck off and leave him be? maybe even consider being a decent human being."

zach turned to look at him and scowled. "Excuse me?"

joel crossed his arms, mimicking zach's glare as he said in a voice much higher in pitch than his normal voice, "Excuse me?"

i would have laughed if i wasn't in the predicament i was in.

"you must have some balls to be talking like that to me," zach said, stepping closer to joel.

joel snorted. "and you must be compensating for a lack thereof."

zach nodded. "you think you're hot shit, don't you?"

shrugging, joel uncrossed his arms to shove his hands in his pockets. "i mean, i must be at least a little good lookin' if I've pulled such a beautiful girl," he said, referring to lizzie behind him. "besides, I'm better looking than you."

i glanced down at zach's clenched fists. "zach, don't-" i gasped when zach threw the first punch. i dropped my books and went to step forward, but joey held me back against the lockers. "zach, stop!"

i watched in horrod as they fought, zach clearly having the upper hand.

joel ended up really bruised.

and it was all because of me.