Entry #20

it was obvious the next day how much jimmy was trying to avoid me. it made me wish zach would've let me write the text instead. i didn't think i had a certain "reputation," but even thought i did i felt like it shouldn't have mattered anyway. but i didn't have to think too much about him because we only had one class together.

during drama club, zach wouldn't stop cracking jokes about the students' acting on stage. although it was kind of rude, it was still funny and it made me laugh. it also made me think that maybe letting zach block jimmy really was a good thing. he hadn't touched me once that entire day so far.

but as me and zach were joking, i could hear two people talking behind me. they were talking about me and zach.

"what if you take zach and I take scott?" the first person said, making me stop to listen. his voice sounded familiar, but i couldn't put a name to it.

"what?"

"like, we could grab the prop swords, and-"

the second boy snorted. "you realize thoss things are plastic, right?" he said, laughing quietly.

"okay, but listen," the other said. "if we whack them on the head with the swords-" i couldn't help but think they were friends with jimmy at that point.

"they're plastic," the second boy repeated.

the first boy scoffed. "i know they're plastic! they can still hurt, though." i shivered when he sqid that. "and they can hurt a certain two assholes over there."

i frowned, thinking, why would they want to hurt me? i knew that it sounded really shitty when zach texted jimmy, but to want to actually hurt me because of it? that in itself probably hurt worse than anything that a plastic sword could do. and it wasn't like i wanted zach to do that.

"babe," zach whispered, taking my attention back. "you're zoning out."

"oh, sorry," i apologized with a nervous laugh. we were quiet when ms. gold and mr. harding called up some of the others to rehearse another scene. and one of those people was jimmy.

i couldn't stop staring at him, and i don't know why. and every time he spoke, i felt awful for letting zach do what he did.

we made eye contact for a second before looked over at zach, who cracked a joke about jimmy looking like a braindead goldfish. i forced myself to smile at it, struggling to stop myself from glancing back at jimmy, who was just staring at me.

jimmy was so damn hard to get over.