Entry #44

TW: mention of abuse

*  *  *

Jimmy claimed to be "sick" so he wouldn't have to help me at school. but when he got there, he wouldn't stop bugging me about.

"just let it go," i groaned as i walked into the theatre, Jimmy following behind me. "i don't care anymore."

"but, you said you wanted me to hel-"

"i don't need your help!" i squealed.

"scott, you're dropping stuff-"

i whirled around. "then pick it up," i said.

Jimmy scoffed, crossing his arms. "i thought you didn't need my help," he rebutted, and i felt like screaming at the top of my lungs. "exactly."

i groaned and turned to walk away. "fuck off, asshole," i grumbled. suddenly the urge to scream turned into the urge to cry. what was wrong with me?

"oh, so I'm an asshole now? i've been trying to help you!" i could only head him say that in zach's voice for some reason.

"well, you're not doing a very good job of it!" i shouted, trying not to cry. "if you really wanted to help me, you would've come to school this morning!"

"i was sick!"

"no, you fucking weren't!"

mr. harding sighed. "alright, alright," he said. "that's enough bickeri-"

"well, maybe," Jimmy continued, despite Mr. Harding's attempt to break us up, "i would've felt better if you hadn't been all, 'my shoulder hurts. Jimmy hurt my shoulder, and now I'm gonna die.'"

i grimaced. "i don't sound like that," i said.

Jimmy scoffed. "yes, you do."

"shut the hell up."

"i should tell that to you, mr. everything revolves around me because i'm so traumatized," Jimmy spat. "my boyfriend's a dick to me, and i refuse to break up with him so i can be the victim and get sympathy from people. i'm so special and fragile and cute, everybody loves me."

i huffed and turned away from Jimmy. "you're ridiculous," i mumbled. it's not like that at all.

"right. i'm the ridiculous one."

i whipped my head back around to look at Jimmy. "excuse me?"

"i said: right. i'm the ridiculous one," Jimmy repeated slowly. "because i totally have an abusive boyfriend that cheats on me that i chose to stick around with, even though i like somebody else."

"Jimmy, you-"

"and i'm the one who thought it was a good idea to date a senior and lose my virgi-"

"that is enough out of the both you!" mr. harding shouted shouted suddenly, startling me. "what has gotten into you two?"

at least i knew jimmy was just as bad as a zach was.