Entry #42

"you okay?" Jimmy asked suddenly.

"i..." i let out a huff. "i just... i want to say i'm sorry," i finally got out. "and before you tell me I have nothing to apologize for... i do." i stared into Jimmy's eyes for a moment, unsure of how to continue. "i saw that zach tried to hurt you again," the violetette continued. "it... it's my fault. if I wouldn't have asked you not to open the bag, then you wouldn't have stopped him from showing mr. harding, and he would'n't have-" i buried my face in my hands as i sobbed. "i'm sorry, i-"

Jimmy pulled me into a loose hug. "it's okay," he said. "he didn't hurt me. not much, anyways. you don't have anything to worry about."

pulling away only enough to look up at Jimmy, i sniffled. "really? are you sure?" i asked.

"yes, i'm sure," Jimmy said with a soft smile, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

i smiled back. "okay." i glanced slightly downward, and my stomach fluttered as Jimmy did the same, his eyes drifting down to my lips.

we shouldn't. i knew that we shouldn't. Jimmy himself said he didn't like when i played with his feelings like that, but...

we leaned in, and just before our lips met, my phone began to ring. i moved away a little too quickly, almost falling off my seat until Jimmy grabbed me roughly by the wrist to pull me up. i let out an embarrassing, pained whine as Jimmy was now the one to fall backward, pulling me with him. when Jimmy hit the ground, i screamed and flipped over him, feeling a pop and snap in my shoulder.

only thing i needed was a crackle and i would be considered a rice krispie.

"Jimmy, let go!" i yelled shrilly, in too much pain to be embarrassed about the way my voice cracked. i was sure my arm was broken.