fell to a million peices, held you together

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

"hi!"

punz looks over at the cheery voice, smiling when he sees tina and accepting the hug offered to him. "hey," he says back.

"happy birthday!" she shouts over the music as she pulls away, moving over to give alyssa a hug too. "i hope both of you have had a good day! i'm sorry i'm so late."

dream holds out his arms next and, regardless of it not being his birthday, the brunette can't help but hug the tall blond too.

"it's alright," punz assures kindly, smiling at the brunette as she steps away from dream. "how's your day been?"

"good! good," she giggles for no real reason, maybe just because she's not used to being in busy parties like this. she pushes some of her hair out of her face, brushing it back.

"oh, i like your nails!" alyssa compliments, earning a genuine grin from tina as she looks down at her acrylics, unmissably blushing at the compliment.

"awe, thank you," she says, "yours looks nice too!"

"thanks!"

"have you got a drink?" dream asks, even though the brunette girl is clearly empty-handed. she shakes her head and he says, "shall we go get some?"

"yeah sure," she agrees, saying quick goodbyes to the others as dream swiftly leads her away, wishing punz and alyssa another happy birthday.

that leaves just the three family members, since sapnap left to talk with karl hours ago and hasn't been seen since.

"oh, by the way," alyssa says, looking over at punz with an annoying grin. "sam gave me a present that was meant for both of us but i opened it and it was fancy chocolate so i've decided that i'm just going to keep it for myself."

punz rolls his eyes but doesn't argue, playfully tutting at his twin.

"do you recon i could make a new friend?" alyssa wonders, looking out across the busy room. before letting anyone respond she answers for herself, "i'm going to try it, you guys coming?"

"yeah, why not?" callahan shrugs, always the one to give in to the blond girl's pointless ideas.

"yeah, no thanks," punz laughs, not exactly fond of the idea of going up to random people. he cringes internally at the thought: 'hey, you don't know me but your at my birthday party'. "you guys have fun though."

"will do," alyssa grins, walking off with callahan trailing close behind.

that leaves punz on his own, glancing a little awkwardly around the room as he tries to think of something to do.

he can't help but think their whole school grade and more must be crowded into his small house. seems like anyone will accept an open invite and free booze.

he supposes it sort of makes sense, since sapnap invited the basketball team who would've invited half the grade and anyone they missed would've been invited through karl, who sapnap also invited. basically, the ravenette had all the right contacts to make punz seem like he is popular enough for a huge party like this (which, realistically, he isn't). half of the people here probably don't even know whose birthday they're celebrating.