sluga-pillar

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

"oh, i have this one," dream says, picking up one of his sulga-pillars. he shakes it from its head, the joints of its plastic body rattling together. "i don't actually know what you are meant to do with it but i like just shaking it," he explains, passing it to george to have a go.

"it's cool," george says with a nod from where he's sitting on the edge of dream's bed, fidgeting with the toy that was passed to him.

"oh! i have fidget spinners too," dream says excitedly, pulling open his desk drawer. "punz always calls them spidget finners," he says with a laugh.

he takes out one of his favourite ones, spinning it a few times before passing it to george. the brit takes it, leaning over to put the sluga-pillar he'd been previously given onto the bedside cabinet.

dream watches the brunette boy spin it a few times with a smile on his face.

inside his head, dream is screaming at himself to shut the fuck up because george doesn't care and he's talking too much.

but then, simultaneously, george keeps encouraging him to carry on, show more, and it makes the blond feel fucking giddy on the inside.

"you're making me really happy," dream blurts out, because he thinks that george deserves to know how his efforts are being appreciated. "by listening, i mean. a lot of my old friends got bored of me cause sometimes i can be a lot, not sapnap and punz though, they're always patient," he rambles. before george even has a chance to reply, dream gasps, "look at this photo."

dream shifts his attention back to his drawer, shuffling through to find the photo that he is sure he keeps in there of him, punz and sapnap dressed up as each other for halloween.

there is so much stuff shoved messily into his drawers that it's impossible to find anything you really need, and the blond is quickly distracted by a packet of unopened glowsticks that he had stolen from some social event that the trio had been to together.

he takes the packet out and passes it over to george with an excited grin. "you can have these!" he offers.

george giggles slightly but takes them with a smile. "thank you," he says a little bashfully, holding them in his lap like they're a hidden treasure.

his cute blush makes dream's heart skip a beat and he thinks it might be exactly that moment when he decides he definitely has a crush on george. he was pretty certain after he spoke to sapnap and punz about it a few days ago, but now there's no doubt.

dream feels so restless over the realisation that he stands up, heading over to his bedside cabinet to grab one of the fiddle toys that he had been showing off to george earlier before taking a seat on his bed by george, with his back against the headboard.

"you have a lot of fiddle toys," george says conversationally, his gaze stuck on his glowsticks as he smiles small.

"people gift them to me a lot," dream says. "my parents get me loads and then punz and sapnap will if they see something they don't think i have yet," he explains. "one time both of them bought me poppet toys in the same week because they didn't think i had one, neither knowing the other was getting one too."

dream bites his tongue when he realises he is rambling again.

"that's kind of sweet," george smiles. "can i buy you stuff?"

"if you want," dream shrugs, trying to reel in his excitement. "don't like, waste your money though. i mean, you've seen that i already have more than enough," he laughs a little.

"that's true," george agrees, looking over at dream with a sweet expression.

fuck it. "i like you."

"uh, i like you too?" george laughs, gaze flicking away as his face goes pink.

"no, i mean i like like you," dream specifies. his heartbeat speeds up to a ridiculous bpm as he starts to realise what he actually just said. the room starts to feel warm around them.

"oh," george mutters, wide-eyed.

both boys pause, seeming to just slowly breathe.

dream wants to punch george in the face for only saying 'oh'- who does that?!

"well, do you like me too?" dream asks him, straight-forward, "because i thought you did but that was kind of a weird reaction."

the corners of george's lips quirk up. he shrugs slightly, holding back a laugh as he replies, "i don't know dream, do i?"

the floridian gapes a little. "george," he says, longing out the other's name with a slightly whiney voice, "just answer."

"answer what?" the brunette giggles mischievously.

"god you're so- just answer," dream groans dramatically, rolling his head back and wincing when it bounces off of the wall he's sitting in front of. it makes george giggle, so whatever. "please? i just bumped my head for you!"

"okay, fine," george says with another laugh. "sure, i like you too dream."

"okay good," dream replies with a nod. "i thought so."

george smiles, amused.

dream grins back, his hands shifting at his side, wanting to flap about but he holds it back.

"i have lots of energy now," the blond says.

george giggles at that, replying, "yeah?"

"yeah," dream nods. "do you want to go on a walk or something?" he offers, "i know a route we can go to make sure we're back before it gets too dark."

george smiles, heart-warmed, and replies, "yeah, sounds good."

dream smiles back, heart running as he gets up off of the bed and offers george a hand to help him up too.

the blond is a little confused, since they made no real advancements in their friendship, but he likes the reassurance that his feelings are reciprocated and he's sure that george probably feels the same way.

short chapter and it's late, i'm sorry :(

i love you still!

-kit