no friends

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

"sap?"

dream looks over at karl as sapnap turns to face him, a smile finding the ravenette's features when he sees his boyfriend standing there. he wants to roll his eyes but holds back, glancing at punz to see him equally fed up.

"hey karl!" sapnap greets, turning fully to kiss his boyfriend. "you alright?"

"yep, just wanted to say have a nice day and i'll see you tonight," karl says, he and sapnap smiling at one another.

"you too, my love," sapnap replies, offering him another kiss. "don't forget my basketball game today after school," he reminds the brunette, "i've saved you a seat."

"perfect, i won't forget," karl assures, "see you later!" they share another quick peck before the brunette finally walks away.

"i didn't know you had a game today," punz says, dream humming along in agreement. "do you want us to come?"

"no, it's okay," sapnap dismisses. "karl is coming."

as much as dream would love to stay and discuss sapnap's basketball, his phone buzzes and he looks down to see it's soon to be the start of when he's expected to be in the library.

"i've got to go," he announces, earning understanding nods from his friends since they're already pretty much adapted to the new routine of dream leaving to go help shelve books or whatever.

he flashed them both a quick smile before heading off, having no doubt that they'll spend the next however long talking about absolutely anything besides sapnap's relationship- it is too early for that.

he makes his way down the main hall and into the library, smiling at tabitha when she greets him at the door.

"dream, thank goodness you're here," she smiles. "i have to pop down to the printer room, are you alright to keep watch for me?" the older woman asks.

"yeah, course," he agrees, used to doing that anyway.

she grins thankfully, offering him a tap to the arm before she quickly excuses herself. he makes his way towards the front desk before catching sight of george sitting at the same table as he had been for the last few days. he changes route, beelining over to take a seat by the brit.

"hello again," he greets. he doesn't dwell on the fact that this is the first time he's properly greeted the brunette, so again doesn't really apply.

"uh hi?" george replies, watching dream with a confused expression as the blond settles down in the seat opposite him.

"what are you reading?" dream asks conversationally. george doesn't reply verbally, simply angling the book in his hands so the other can see the cover. house rules. "nice, what's it about?"