rude awakening

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

"answer your fucking phone."

punz groans in agreement in response to the tired mumble, not happy about being woken up to the incessant ringing.

"punz," alyssa starts, sounding more awake than he or callahan, "it's your fucking phone, idiot."

he blinks his eyes open then, seeing that his phone is indeed lit up, a few feet away at the bottom of his bed. he sighs loudly, sitting up and being careful not to hit his head on the ceiling as he reaches for it.

he doesn't check the caller id, flopping back against his pillows and closing his eyes as he answers it, holding the phone to his ear with a tired, "hello?"

his eyes shoot open again at the sound of hysterical crying.

he recognises the voice in the tears and pulls the phone away from his ear just to check the name in disbelief. as expected, it reads, 'sap'.  he holds it back against his ear, sitting up slightly against his elbow. "sapnap?"

from where he's sitting up, punz sees callahan roll over, looking up at the blond with a confused expression. he imagines that alyssa is homing a similar look, since he'd told them both all about the argument and the fact they weren't talking anymore.

"punz."

his voice sounds broken and airy, like punz had heard it so many times, and he brings his hand up to rub at his forehead, already prepared for the breakup story that's sure to come. he almost ends the call, or tells sapnap to ring someone else, but the ravenette speaks first.

"pl'se," his voice is nearly a whisper, breathy through his tears, "let m' in."

punz starts moving without even thinking, climbing out of his bunk bed. he checks their clock to see it's nearly four in the morning and actually prays that sapnap isn't seriously outside of his house right now.

his sister and cousin are both sitting up now, watching with worried expressions as punz grabs a hoodie, and then another, and says, "let you in where?"

he leaves the room, shutting the door behind him so his family won't hear the conversation anymore. sapnap doesn't answer the question, crying into the phone so hard that punz hears him gag.

he heads quickly downstairs, unlocking the locks they have on their door before pulling it open.

he hates that sapnap is there, sitting against the fence on his patio, looking distraught.

it hurts him, physically, to see sapnap looking so pained but, simultaneously, he can't help but be angry that the ravenette would come to him again, even after everything.

he steps out of the house instead of inviting sapnap in, shutting the door behind him. "you can't come in," he says, walking over to the ravenette because even through his anger he can't just leave him there, "people are sleeping."