pulling him back into the loop

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

"it's good to see you back," dream says with a smile as punz settles into the passenger's seat.

"yeah, me and sap have made up so i like, figured i should stop avoiding him," the blond explains with an awkward laugh, pulling his seatbelt on.

"avoiding him?" dream repeats, confused, "wait, what do you mean 'made up'?"

"you know, 'cause we had an argument?"

dream cocks his head to the side, starting the car up with a clueless expression. "what argument?"

dream is sitting on sapnap's bed now, with punz beside him and the ravenette boy on his desk chair a few feet away. the lights are on purple and dream is looking between them expectantly.

"you can explain it," sapnap says.

punz sighs like he doesn't want to, but talks anyway, "well i didn't know where to start."

"well why did you guys fall out?" dream asks them, "when did you guys fall out?"

"it was the last time sapnap got back with karl," punz answers. "i told him that i'm not going to do it anymore because i can't keep watching him get hurt."

"you told me i was an idiot and you'd never be there for me again," sapnap corrects with a grumble.

dream ignores them, asking, "when did you guys break up again?"

"when karl hit him," punz answers, anger evident in his tone.

"what!?" dream gasps, looking at sapnap with wide eyes, "that happened?"

sapnap just shrugs.

"and you got back with him?" dream questions in surprise.

sapnap glances off to the side, not answering.

dream, figuring that it's a sensitive subject, moves on. "okay, so you got back together and then punz got mad?" he checks, earning a nod. "okay, why?"

"because every time they broke up he came crawling to me about it and i'd comfort him just for him to run back to karl again," punz explains with an exasperated sigh.

dream gives him a look, silently saying, 'i know that's not the only reason it hurt you', before looking back to sapnap and continuing, "so then you guys stopped talking?"

"yeah," sapnap nods, "that's when punz got all pissy and wouldn't come in the car with us."

punz rolls his eyes at the ravenette's choice of words but doesn't argue, since he's technically right.