help from his friends

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

"you've put the word 'right' twice here," george points out, scribbling out one of them for the blond. "and is this supposed to say 'land' because you've written 'grand'?"

dream leans over to look at where george's finger is pointing, reading over the line to see that the brit is correct. he takes the pen from george, scribbling it out and fixing his mistake. "do you know that's a trait of adhd?" dream asks, passing the pen back.

george looks back down at the essay, continuing to read as he asks, "what is?"

"making silly mistakes," dream answers.

george hums, interested, and shakes his head. "no, i didn't know that," he says. "do you get extra marks then? cause they can't really blame you for that."

"no, i don't," dream answers, hopefully not too spitefully, and looks back at his phone as george continues to proofread the last few lines of his work.

technically he is supposed to be working right now, but the librarian didn't mind him doing this instead since it was still english work. plus, she has a soft spot for both of the boys, so it's no surprise that she lets them get away with things.

dream glances up when he gets bored of his phone, looking over at the rows upon rows of bookcases. he wonders how many books there are in here, and contemplates counting one shelf so he can do some quick multiplication and find an average before realising that's really not a fun way to spend his time and deciding against it.

there are posters on the opposite wall, advertising different clubs and whatnot, and dream sees one about nominations for the student council.

he wonders if people actually take that shit seriously.

the blond looks back over at george, sees the brunette's gaze moving over the page, and still asks, "are you done?"

the brit laughs light-heartedly, not looking up from the paper as he replies, "give me a moment."

dream slumps back in his chair with a dramatic sigh, boredom drowning him once more.

he reaches over to george's pencil case, taking the pen that's closest to the top and beginning to click the end of it, watching the point stick in and out. he tries doing it slower, working out how far he can get it out without making the clicking sound.

george glances over at the noises but says nothing, simply smiling to himself as he focuses back on the essay.

dream sees this, and it makes him smile too, continuing his fiddling as if it will make the time move faster.

the bell rings, marking the end of lunch, and dream looks over at george with a look that practically begs for him to hurry up.

"you boys should probably be heading off now," tabitha tells them both, smiling, "you don't want to be late."

george nods, eyes still on the page.