nothing easier than the truth

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

"be right back," sapnap says as the other two boys sit down, putting his food down on the table with his gaze fixed on the other end of the mcdonalds. "foolish is over there, i'm just going to say hi."

punz and dream both nod but don't bother saying anything as the ravenette has already turned, quick on his heels to go and see his friend.

"well, at least they're still talking," punz mumbles as he takes his single burger and chicken nugget happy meal out of his bag.

dream holds back a laugh at the kid's meal- every time they come to mcdonalds, both of his friends get happy meals, along with something else, just for the toy. it's pointless though because, by the time they leave, dream always ends up fiddling with the toys to the point that the others just let him take them (he now has an impressive collection in his glove compartment).

"who's still talking?" dream asks, mildly confused. he puts his school bag down on the floor beside him, also taking his food out of the bag it was given to him in.

"him and foolish," punz elaborates, "you know? after the argument?"

"wait, what argument?" dream asks, having no knowledge of an argument between sapnap and foolish.

"did sapnap not tell you?" punz says, seeming to become almost as confused as dream feels. the blond shakes his head in response. punz leans forward just slightly, moving a little closer and dropping his voice so it's hushed as he explains, "sapnap and karl broke up because sapnap was talking to foolish and karl got all pissy about it. he came round my house at like eleven pm or something to tell me about it."

"so they're not together?" dream asks, intrigued but moreso angry at karl - then again, he is practically always angry at karl nowadays.

"no, they got back together," punz says with a sigh.

"when did all of this happen?" dream wonders, tilting his head ever so slightly.

"few days ago," punz shrugs. his voice gets even lower, so quiet of a whisper that dream has to strain to hear him over the bustle of the fast food restaurant when punz says, "i only knew they got back together cause he accidentally sent me a fucking dick pic."

dream feel his eyes shoot open in shock, his body instinctively moving back to hit against the chair as if he was literally blown away by what he heard. "jesus," he mumbles. "so it was meant for karl, i'm guessing?"

"yep," punz confirms, popping the p. he also sits back against the booth then, shaking his head ever so slightly whilst he opens the box around his shitty toy.

dream grimaces at the thought of his best friend sending nudes to people. he wonders what he would do if it was him that accidentally received it... probably bleach his eyes.

dream smirks as a thought comes to mind and punz is already smiling back before he even asks, "how big is it?"

punz starts laughing and dream can't help but wheeze too. the pair of them are probably far too loud for a public mcdonalds but don't really find it in themselves to actually care.

"i came back because i want to know why you're both laughing like idiots," sapnap says as he slides into the booth beside punz. he glances between his laughing friends expectantly.

"it's nothing," punz dismisses, still giggling.

sapnap looks suspiciously between them. "i'll tell you what it is when we leave," dream says, knowing full well that sapnap will forget about it by then. the ravenette nods in acceptance, starting to open his own happy meal.

"what were you and foolish talking about?" punz asks once his laughter has simmered enough to converse like usual.

dream glances over at foolish.

"oh he was telling me..."

the blond notices that foolish is sitting with one of the other guys they go to school with. he might be making it up, but dream vaguely remembers someone mentioning that those two boys live together - something about one of them couch surfing. they're laughing at something and he distantly wonders what it might be.

he doesn't know much about foolish, besides the fact that he lives with that other boy and plays basketball, and obviously that he's friends with sapnap. sapnap always speaks of foolish like he was one of the nicest people ever, but then again he speaks about karl the same way so you never know.

dream looks back at his friends, realising he'd missed half the conversation and asking, "wait, what did he tell you, sorry? i got distracted."

"oh, he was just telling me about a basketball game plan thing, nothing interesting," sapnap recaps with a patient smile.

dream nods in understanding. he smiles when sapnap puts his happy meal toy down on the table, much closer to dream's side than his own.

"how is the library stuff going dream?" punz asks. "i feel like you've missed loads because you're always there now."

dream obviously knows that punz is referring to the karl x sapnap drama, but he shrugs so it's more subtle. "it's okay, i actually kind of enjoy it," he confesses.

"why's that?" punz prompts.

"there's this guy, in our grade, and he sits in there all day," dream tells them. "his name's george, and i just talk to him."

"i don't think i know him," punz says almost apologetically, eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"george?" sapnap repeats, earning a nod from the blond. "i think i know him," he says, looking at punz as he asks, "isn't george the name of the guy at the back of our english?"

"oh, what? the british one?"

"yeah, that's him," dream confirms, nodding. he can feel himself smiling.

"and you just spend all your time talking to him?" punz asks with a teasing smile, one that sapnap shares. dream nods. "interesting."

"he has no friends so i wanted to change that," dream tells them. "the aim is to get him to join our group but he isn't fond of the idea. i got him to come with me to that coffee place we used to like the other day though and we got drinks and stuff."

"cute date. do you just want him to join our group?" sapnap asks with a smirk, "or have you got another aim?"

dream squints, already knowing what's coming. "just join the group."

"so you don't have a little crush?" punz asks, grinning.

"sorry to disappoint, but no," dream answers honestly. "he's nice but i just like him as a friend. best friend."

eek.

love u

-kit