everybody in love

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

"this is embarrassing," george complains, letting himself be pulled along by his boyfriend.

"no it isn't," dream argues, his grin making his tummy feel all funny as they walk together, "i can tell you're excited on the inside."

"i'm not," george grumbles from behind the blond, purposefully dragging his feet. "i like you, dream, that doesn't mean i automatically like people now."

dream ignores him with a smile as they arrive at the car, tugging the smaller boy to his side and throwing his arm over george's shoulders. "hey guys," he greets his friends, "sap, punz, this is george. george, this is sapnap and punz."

"hi," george mutters awkwardly.

"they're just friends but they'll be dating by the end of the month," dream says, sure of himself. he turns before either boy can argue, pulling the car door open and announcing, "george is sitting in the front with me."

punz scoffs light-heartedly but neither of the others argue as they get into the backseat, flashing each other knowing looks in the process.

dream closes george's door for him before heading around to get in his own seat and starting the car up.

the blond reverses the car out of the parking lot, getting safely onto the road before reaching across to lay his hand protectively on george's thigh, feeling giddy in his chest knowing that his friends will see (he's maybe possibly showing off his boyfriend - can you blame him?).

"are we hanging out today?" dream asks. there are a few too-long moments of silence before dream looks up in the front mirror, making eye contact with punz.

"oh! sorry, i thought you were talking to george," the blond in the back apologises.

"no, george is coming with us," dream says. "he is part of the group now. i have made him join."

"oh wow, you finally convinced him?" sapnap says with a laugh.

george looks at dream with an exaggerated glare, saying, "you didn't even tell them i was coming?"

dream shrugs, answering, "i knew they wouldn't care." he gives george's thigh a soft squeeze before glancing in the front mirror again and asking, "punz, is it still okay to go to yours?"

"yeah, of course," the blond assures. "and welcome to the group, george."

"thanks," the brit murmurs, embarrassed, and glances out the window to hide his flushed cheeks.

dream smiles at the other boy's endearing behaviour. he keeps his eyes on the road, wincing slightly when his head jerks to the side, his shoulder hitting his ear with force.

"you good?" sapnap asks from the back.

the question makes george look over at him too, his own brows furrowed in concern even though he doesn't know what made the boy in the back ask.