i said i'll be your friend

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

dream made the decision to take his 'shift' in the library at lunch again, this time during the second half rather than the first. so he eats quickly, saying goodbye to his friends and acting like he isn't slightly excited to leave before swiftly heading off.

he makes his way there, smiling at the librarian upon entry. "hello tabitha," he greets, keeping his focus on her even though he can see an increasingly familiar brunette on one of the tables not too far from him.

"oh! hello dream," she greets, standing up from the desk and grabbing her lunch to take with her. "have you eaten?"

"yep, i came from the cafeteria," he replies.

"good, good," tabitha smiles sweetly. "well, i'm going to leave you to it then," she says, offering both him and george a quick goodbye before leaving, presumably to the staff room, to go eat her own food.

dream drops his bag down behind the desk but heads straight over to the brit's table, pulling out the seat opposite him and sitting down with a smile. "hey loner," he greets, trying not to make it obvious that he'd been looking forward to seeing the brunette again.

dream didn't know how to explain how his brain works - but then again, does anyone? all he knows is that, sometimes, he'll see something and it'll stick itself to the forefront of his brain, taking up all of his attention until he eventually finds something else.

when he was younger, his parents just called them phases, then he grew up and got diagnosed and they were coined 'hyper fixations'.

he's had a few now: shells, sharks, minecraft, elvis, watercolour painting, minecraft again. but, amongst these, dream would have a similar sensation towards people.

it sounds weird in his mind, which is why he struggles to explain it, because it isn't weird. it's not like he stalks people, or anything like that, it's just that, occasionally, someone will come into his life and he'll like them so much that he prays they never ever go. they become just as important to his story as he is and he would do just about anything to keep it that way.

luckily, none of these people have ever tried to leave him yet, but dream thinks that's just because he has a good choice in friends. plus, it's rare for him to get so fixed. the list consists of: sapnap, punz, tina, and now, apparently, george.

he hardly met the boy a week ago but for some reason, he wants to know everything. it was all the same with his other best friends, and because of this dream can tell you all about random subjects that don't affect him: insomnia, acrylic nails, heart attacks, dissociation, arson... the list continues.

people tell him little things and he runs with it, wanting to show he cares by listening and researching. though, he never usually gets the chance to actually talk about what he finds since he's far too anxious that they'll find it a bit creepy.

dream gets so lost in his thoughts that he hardly notices george's playful eye roll of a response before the brit looks back down at his book.