you block his number and then you call me instead

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

punz's gaze flicks from his game to the call at the top of his screen, smiling when he sees his friend's name.

he answers, putting it on speaker since he was the only one in the bedroom, and continuing with his game as he says, "hey sap, what's up?"

"i blocked him."

the blonde's brows furrow, attention leaving his game. "what?" he questions, "you blocked who?"

"karl," the ravenette says, voice wavering slightly. "he broke up with me. i blocked him."

the blonde's eyes widen slightly. punz doesn't know why it still shocks him every time the couple break up. "are you alright?" he asks stupidly.

"no," he answers honestly, inhaling shakily. punz hates that he can hear the ravenette trying to hold back tears, "i'm like-" he sniffs, "i'm upset, but it was my fault, so..."

"do you want to come over?" punz offers, figuring that's how the call would conclude anyway so they may as well get straight to the point. "we can talk about it in person?"

"please," sapnap speaks quietly, voice shaky. "c-can i come now?" he asks.

"yeah, of course sap," punz is quick to assure. "my mom's in so we have to be quiet, do you wanna talk out back?" he hears sapnap hum in agreement. "alright, well you know how to unlock the back gate, i'll wait for you in the treehouse?"

"thank you," sapnap whispers.

"don't thank me, just get your dumbass over here so i can hug it better."

sapnap laughs wetly, clearly crying now, and replies, "okay, i'm walking now," before they share brief goodbyes and end the call.

punz gets up, climbing down out of his bed and grabbing a blanket that had been discarded on their bedroom floor. he throws it over his shoulder, taking it with him as he heads downstairs and out the back.

the garden light switches on when he steps outside but he ignores it as he heads down to the end of the garden.

the grass is dewy because it's nighttime and that's what happens when they haven't had much proper rain, and punz wants to shoot himself in the head for just going outside in socks because now they're soggy... maybe shooting himself is an exaggeration but he isn't chuffed.

he stops at the treehouse at the end of his garden, throwing the blanket up onto the porch-like area before using the (probably very dangerous) makeshift ladder to climb up and perch on the side to wait.

the treehouse had been there since he was like six, and he'd made it with alyssa, callahan and their uncle. it was way old now, and you couldn't go into the actual 'inside' bit since the wooden flooring in there had so much water damage that it would fall through with the weight of a person.

instead, they settle on sitting on the little porch section outside, where they used to leave their shoes in summer so they wouldn't scuff up the inside.