in too deep, can't touch the bottom with my feet

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢

"i'm just saying," dream laughs, offering the worker a quick smile when she nods after checking their tickets. "if you're not watching a kid's movie then what's the point of going to the movies in the first place?"

george nods, trying to keep an easy smile as he follows dream towards the screen room where the film they're going to see is being shown.

when george agreed to go and see a film with dream, he hadn't really been thinking about it. he agreed because all he heard in that moment was 'hey, wanna go on another date?' and even if the blond wasn't actually asking him on a date date, george would still never decline.

now here they are, walking towards the big double doors, and the hallway they're in is already making his heart thump.

he breathes steadily, trying to listen to whatever dream is rambling about but failing miserably as his thoughts are too focused on just about anything else.

there's so much going on with his body that george doesn't think he could explain even if he tried.

his bones feel bigger, like they're sticking out and stretching against his skin, making every step feel like hell. his fingers are tingly, like he has pins and needles, except it's multiplied tenfold and is slowly creeping up his arms and pressing down on his shoulders like the presence of the devil whispering in his ear.

he thinks he might be shaking ever so slightly but that might just be because he can feel the way each breath he takes seems to shiver on the inhale.

he feels so cold.

he watches dream push one of the big doors open, the handsome blond stepping to the side to let george go first.

it looks like absolute nothing. he can hear that the commercials are playing and there's a light shining in from the end of the hallway, but, besides that, it looks like a tunnel of darkness.

george tells himself that the ads playing on the screen will be illuminating the actual movie theatre, making it so people can walk safely to their chairs, and takes a silently grounding breath as he steps through the doors.

he hears dream following him, and they get a few steps in before the door behind them clicks shut.

george's feet stick to the ground, the soles of his shoes merging with the carpet and robbing him of any chance of mobility.

the hallway around them is dark, so dark that george can't make out the walls around him and he can't help but think they're getting closer and closer.

he has a vision of them getting so small that he's forced to crawl up in a ball, until even then he isn't small enough and he eventually suffocates in the company of nothing but darkness.

dream also stops, when he realises george has, and the brit can't even see where he is standing.

the room is quiet. the ads have stopped. some cinematic voice is talking, introducing. george doesn't listen.