CHAPTER FOURTEEN, blazing

( NOT EDITED / PROOFREAD )

It had been a few weeks after the Chinese Grand Prix. Juliette had driven quite well in the Grand Prix's that followed.

She had gotten P2 in Azerbaijan. P5 in Spain. P2 in Monaco. And P3 in Canada.

It had been quite a while since she had seen Charles. He started to become her competitor, and she didn't like that.

He had gotten P4 in Azerbaijan. P2 in Spain. And in his home race, he unfortunately DNF'ed. He was disappointed but he had an absolute comeback in the Canadian grand prix, he had gotten P2.

Juliette was then invited by Pascale-Charles' Mother-to spend a few days in their beach house in Nice.

Juliette honestly didn't want to go, but she loved Pascale, she loved Arthur and Lorenzo. And didn't want to pass up the opportunity to spend time with them. But she didn't want to deal with Charles.

Charles on the other hand. Was absolutely exhilarated when he found out she was coming. Though they were arguing, it gave him a chance to apologize or at least talk it out with her.

Arthur was currently helping Juliette lug her suitcases up the stairs, and into the guest room. "Fucking hell. Your suitcases are so heavy...What do you even put in it?" Arthur cringed as he tiredly carried her suitcase to her room. Juliette giggled. "My necessities." She wiggled her brows. Arthur rose a brow. Before dragging the suitcase into the corner of her room.

His face then contorted into a brightened expression. "Ohh! I just remembered. Lorenzo asked me to ask you if you wanted to play tennis. It'll just be me, you, him and Charles."

Charles.

Juliette cringed at the name. "Um, yeah. Sure."

Arthur grinned, he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "You're definitely gonna be on my team this time. You and Charles always cheat when you team up."

"I'm not planning on being with him anyway." Juliette pursed her lips. Arthur side-eyed her, but waved her words off. The two walked out of her room, and walked down the stairs and into the living room.

The aroma of Pascale's infamous chocolate chip cookies entered their noses. The two's eyes met, their eyes widened.

They raced into the kitchen, quite clumsily.

"Hi Pascale!" Juliette greeted with a toothy grin, enthusiastically.
"How are-"

Pascale knew what she was there for. "I'll give you the first cookie. Don't worry."

Arthur groaned. "She likes you more than me! And I'm her own kid."

Juliette stuck her tongue out. Pascale kissed Juliette's cheek lovingly. "She's the daughter I never had."

"Who's the daughter you never had?" A voice was heard from behind the kitchen door. Lorenzo then appeared in front of them.

Arthur went over to greet him. Juliette did as well, wrapping him in a tight hug. "Missed you Lorie."

"Missed you more Juli." He grinned, before the separated. A familiar pair of green eyes glanced at Juliette.

Charles was stood behind Lorenzo awkwardly. Arthur went over to him, greeting him as well.

Juliette avoided him, and instead went over to Pascale who was checking if the cookies were ready.

"Oui. I need help with telling if the cookies are cooked enough." Pascale spoke, her french accent thick. Juliette smiled and nodded.