FIVE, morning runs

( NOT EDITED/ PROOFREAD )
- remember to vote and comment! <3 i'd really appreciate it if you guys did!

Two days had passed by since Austria.

Juliette and Gabriel were back in their house in Monaco due to certain duties both their teams had for them there.

Juliette, awakening unusually early, puzzled over her body's internal clock. The flight from Austria hadn't induced much jet lag, since it was a short flight, so it was quite unusual for her to wake up so soon.

Instead of returning to sleep, she left the bed she shared with Gabriel, opting for an earlier morning run.

Gently, she untangled Gabriel's strong arm that held her waist snugly during their slumber. A soft giggle escaped her lips as she heard his drowsy murmurs and felt him stir slightly. Bending down, she placed a tender kiss upon his forehead.

4:31 AM was an unconventional hour for a jog, nonetheless, Juliette embraced the solitude. The early morning meant a peaceful jogging route, free from the usual crowds.

Juliette, donned in leggings, a sports bra, and a casual, loose, graphic tee, didn't bother with a polished look. With headphones in place, she silently slipped out of the house, careful not to disturb Gabriel.

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

Juliette immersed herself in the atmosphere, savoring the still, quiet streets of Monaco. It was exactly what she craved - tranquility for a few delicate moments.

Juliette wasn't feeling stressed. No, it was an elusive sensation, a peculiar uneasiness that was grasping her. Something felt off in her life, yet she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

It was an unsettling feeling that constantly washed over her, like an impending sense of doom, or something terrible happening.

Chaos had always been a familiar companion - if she even considered it one. So the absence of it lately left her with a certainty that more was yet to come.

Juliette dismissed her musings as her feet quickly propelled her past a row of cafes, the pounding music in her headphones rushing through her ears. Exhaustion was slowly catching up to her, prompting the inevitability of her finishing the run.

Just as she rounded the street corner, she collided into something.

A startled shriek escaped her lips as she stumbled backward, only to find her arm caught by a firm grip, steadying her.

Her gaze lifted, and she found herself captivated by a pair of green.

Why the hell do I always run into him in the most random places? She thought before mustering up a polite smile.

"Fancy running into you . . ." Charles chuckled, his words trailing off with a soft laugh. Juliette couldn't help but snicker in response.

"Yeah well, I was hoping for a quiet morning jog , but obviously in Monaco you can't really do that without running into someone." Juliette mused, her laughter carrying a delicate tone. Charles's grin widened in response.

Silence settled between them, causing Juliette's gaze to drift downward, fixating on their shoes.

Juliette's eyes lingered up as she realized that he was also on a run. He was wearing a white puma, sports shirt. It was tight around his torso, contouring and sculpting his toned chest and arms.