FOURTY - TWO, proposition

( NOT EDITED/ PROOFREAD )

"Hello Juliette. Long time no see."

Toto Wolff was stood right in front of Juliette. He wore a black button up with black trousers, a pair of sunglasses perched on top of his nose, as a warm smile played his lips.

"Yeah. Long time no see." Juliette repeated his words quite awkwardly.

See, Juliette and Toto weren't close pals whatsoever. Occasionally, they would wave to each other across the paddock, or exchange small hellos. And very rarely, may get into conversation with one another during a paddock walk.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Juliette questioned, a small, polite chuckle leaving her lips. Toto grinned, as they walked side by side, through the hospital.

"Well, Lewis told me you were getting discharged today. So I thought I might as well check in."

Juliette found it funny that a team principal from another team checked up on her, and her own team principal didn't.

She nodded, she knew he had ulterior motives, but refrained herself from speaking up about it.

A blonde nurse came up to Juliette, a check board in hand. "Could you please sign this? As evidence to your release from this hospital."

Juliette nodded gently, murmuring a ' sure ', before grabbing the pen from the girl, and signing the bottom of the paper.

Juliette removed the pair of sunglasses that was hung on the neckline of her shirt, and placed it on her nose, shielding her face from the blazing, Monaco sun she was about to be exposed to.

"Ah shit. I forgot, Lando and Daniel's supposed to be picking me up." Juliette mentally slapped her forehead. Toto laughed at the brunette's antics. "I'm sure they won't mind waiting a couple minutes."

Juliette glanced at him sheepishly, before Toto placed a hand on her shoulder. "Shall we take a walk?"

She nodded, complying with his offer, as the two strolled past the hospital building.

"Juliette." He spoke up, earning a small hum from the girl. "I wanted to talk to you about our offer."

Ah, there it is. The ulterior motive. Juliette thought.

"What about it?" Juliette questioned, her eyes meeting his, as he smiled. "Well, we haven't heard much from your side."

Her face flushed with embarrassment. "Uh, the offer was overwhelming at first. So, I didn't really know what to think of it. But now, I'm ready to talk about it."

"What is there to talk about?" Toto questioned, his tone genuine, as the two crossed the street. Juliette let out a breath. "I know I'm going to be taking someone's seat next year. So I was wondering whose it will be?"

Toto pushed the sunglasses back on his face. "Juliette. I don't this subject is something we should discuss on a simple walk. Do you mind if we sat in a cafe?"

Juliette pursed her lips, before nodding. "Uh, yeah sure. Let me just shot Daniel a message. I don't wanna keep him waiting."

"Of course."

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

The two were sat in a cafe called ' COVA ', it wasn't too fancy, but was perfect for this occasion.