FOURTY - NINE, rollercoaster of emotions

( NOT EDITED/ PROOFREAD )
- remember to vote and comment! <3 i'd really appreciate it if you guys did <33

Charles, who found out Isabelle's hospital room number via a text from Suki, sprinted into the hospital, his eyes frantic as some of the nurses shot him concerned looks.

A security guard, placed a hand on Charles's shoulder, halting him from moving. "Sir, you're gonna need to check in, are you family? Are you in need of any medical assistance? We can't let an unknown man run into the hospital."

Charles was far from unknown. The security obviously knew who he was, but of course, had to do his job.

"I'm here for Isabelle Santos. I'm family." He explained quickly, as the Security guard shot him an uneasy glance.

"Are you sure-"

"Oh my god, just let me in!" Charles yelled, grabbing a few people's attention. The security grimaced, before hesitantly letting go of Charles's arm.

Charles hastily ran through the halls, his eyes scanning at the numbers on the labels that were stuck to the doors, before finally spotting Isabelle's designated room.

He pushed the door with a force, stumbling into the room, his heart drumming against his chest.

His gaze fell upon Juliette, her head tilted back against the wall, occupying one of the chairs arranged by the wall, as his eyes quickly flickered to the empty bed, dreadful thoughts seeping into his mind.

If there was one word that could describe Juliette's expression, it would be absolute exhaustion. Both mentally and physically.

Charles instinctively made his way towards her, his weary eyes meeting hers in a moment of surprise.

He sank to his knees in front of her, positioning himself at the same height as her stomach, reaching out to grasp her hands while a slight frown curved at Juliette's lips.

Tenderly, he enclosed her hands within his, providing them warmth, as he gazed up at her with deep concern etched on his face.

"W-Why didn't you tell me about your mom's surgery?" Charles questioned softly, his intentions were raw and was full of sympathy. Juliette's chin trembled ever so lightly catching the Monegasque's attention. Charles grabbed her chin softly, his touch sending electricity throughout their bodies. He rubbed it tenderly, before letting it go, pulling at it slightly making Juliette's jaw fall open a little due to the his gentle tug, her plump, pillowed lips parted as she mumbled a quiet response. "I didn't want to ruin your home race for you."

Charles's heart churned as his stomach twisted in pity. He chuckled sadly yet lightheartedly, before speaking up. "It's already been ruined, that prick,
Gabriel crashed into me near the end of the race."

Juliette sat up straight, her eyes widening as she placed two hands at his jaw, her thumbs rubbing against the stubble that he grew on his jawline. "Are you okay?" Her eyes were frantic, it was her time to worry now. Juliette's eyes flickered all over his face, looking for any signs that he was hurt, paying more attention to his appearance.

Charles nodded swiftly. "Yeah, yeah, don't worry about me." He brushed her off.

His eyes adoringly stared up into hers. Her face matching his expression as she felt her heart rush through her ears, her eyes in a daze, staring at the beautiful man on his knees in front of her.

That was until her mind snapped. Her thoughts lingering onto a certain Brit, before slowly speaking up. "Is Gabriel okay?"

Charles's trance halted, his soft eyes hardening ever so slightly, as he stifle nodded, speaking with his chest gruffly. "Yeah."