EIGHT, rendezvous

Juliette stood before the full-length mirror, deftly fastening her shimmering earrings, each delicate movement reflecting the caution she felt when wearing these special earrings.

Jules gave that pair to her.

It meant a lot. It was her first ' really expensive ' piece of jewelry. He had given to her on her 16th birthday.

The suite, belonging to both her and Gabriel, provided the perfect lighting for her to get ready in. In a mere fifteen minutes, she was going to rendezvous with Pascale, and her sons at the restaurant in the hotel they were staying in.

She wasn't particularly too excited. She didn't really have the social battery for a dinner. But, Pascale was practically her 2nd mother, and they haven't seen eachother in a while.

She sighed, gazing at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a striking long-sleeved, jet-black dress that cascaded to the floor, it exuded an effortless blend of casual charm and timeless classy-ness . The dress seeped with scandal, its neckline plunging into a daring V, teasing with a glimpse of her cleavage that spoke of confidence and allure.

The deep black hue of the dress accentuated the sun-kissed blonde highlights woven through Juliette's luscious brown locks. The effect was nothing short of stunning, it was a to her perfect sense of style.

Gabriel strolled into the expansive main room of the suite, where Juliette was standing in front of the mirror, her eyes catching his reflection as he entered. She quickly averted her gaze, reaching for her makeup bag, where her favorite gloss and lip liner awaited.

A faint crease appeared on Gabriel's forehead. Was she deliberately avoiding him? His mind raced with the possibility.

Moving towards her, he enveloped her from behind, his lips tantalizingly close to her ear, sending a gentle breath caressing her cheek. Despite her efforts, a blush crept up on Juliette's cheeks. His presence undeniably affected her.

"Where are you off to, beautiful?" He planted a few kisses on her neck before releasing her as she turned around to face the mirror, focusing on her lip liner.

She tried to maintain an air of nonchalance, pursing her lips as she finished applying the liner. "Dinner, with Pascale."

"Pascale?" Gabriel's tone tightened, his reaction not escaping Juliette's notice. "Charles's mom," she clarified, observing his tense body with a furrowed brow. "What?" she inquired.

He shook his head, exhaling deeply. "I didn't realize you were that close with the Leclercs."

Confusion wrinkled Juliette's nose. What was he talking about?

"I thought you knew? I grew up with Charles."

"Yeah, I knew that. I didn't know that you were close with his family." Gabriel stressed, prompting Juliette to purse her lips. "Is that a problem?"

Raising a brow, Gabriel placed his hands on her shoulders. "No, of course not. The dinner just with his family, right? Not him."

Juliette scrutinized him for a moment, trying to decipher his expression. "And if it was with Charles?"

A tinge of envy flickered across Gabriel's face, imperceptible to Juliette but obvious to anyone else.

He sighed. "Can I be honest?"

Juliette tilted her head, meeting his gaze and nodding slowly, encouraging him to continue. Gabriel hesitated. "I don't like the geezer." His voice sounded more english at the end.

"What? He's your teammate!" Juliette flicked his forehead, causing Gabriel to wince. "Well, Lewis and Nico didn't exactly see eye to eye. Being teammates doesn't necessarily mean liking each other." He reasoned.