FOURTY - SIX, personal driver

( NOT EDITED/ PROOFREAD )
- remember to vote and comment! <3 i'd really appreciate it if you guys did <33

QUICK AUTHORS NOTE:
after i'm done writing chaps for this grand prix ( the monaco grand prix ) the pace of the book will move a bit more faster, there are some really important parts i wanna get to, and i don't want stretch the plot out too much. this book is a slow burn, but obviously, i don't want it to be way to slow.

Free Practice 1 and 2 were over. Charles's performance in the practice sessions had been very contrasted -securing P11 in FP1 and an impressive P2 in FP2. While Gabriel's results were decent, with a P10 in FP1 and a slightly lower P15 in FP2.

The overall outcome of the practice sessions was a mix of positives and negatives. It wasn't particularly outstanding, yet it also wasn't disappointing.

However, Charles's spirits soared to new heights, he was acting as if he had just won the entire grand prix. Everyone noticed this, and it obviously was because he mended his relationship with Juliette - but they didn't know that.

With an air of elation, he leisurely made his way through the paddock, hoping to catch a glimpse of Juliette. Eventually, he spotted her walking alongside Carlos, who bid her a friendly farewell by gently touching her shoulder.

Charles observed their interaction, his eyes fixed on Juliette. She chuckled at something Carlos said, completely unaware that Charles was trailing behind her. Swiftly, he caught up to her as she walked away from Carlos. Charles jogged to close the distance. Wrapping an arm around her shoulder, Juliette couldn't help but roll her eyes, knowing exactly who it was.

Nonetheless, she leaned into his embrace, their pace slowing down as a grin spread across Charles's face. It was a seemingly innocent side-hug, disguising the deeper connection between them.

"So . . . what are we doing today? Where are we going?" Charles teased, as they approached the exit. Juliette side-eyed him. "Well, I've got to be somewhere, you should hang out with Pierre, maybe? I'll join you after."

Ah yes, the date she had with Gabriel.

Charles almost forgot.

He fought a frown, before mustering up a response. "You made up with Pierre?"

Juliette nodded, her lips in a tight line. "Uh, yeah. During the break between FP1 and FP2."

Charles nodded, before pushing further. "Where do you have to be anyway? You aren't working today."

Juliette remained silent, before speaking up gently. "Um, I'm going to a cafe with Gabriel."

Blood rushed through Charles's ears, as his previous grin was replaced with an awkward, tight lipped smile. "Right."

At least she kept her promise of not keeping things from me. He thought, trying to absorb the positive from the situation.

"I'm free after? He's not gonna take up my whole day." Juliette hummed, as she played with the hem of her skirt. His gaze lingered down her frame.

He hadn't really taken in how she looked that day. His mind and gaze were clouded by the spiking nerves that trailed through his mind.

Charles's eyes raked down to her exposed, tan legs. His cheeks burning as if he was a hormonal teenager.

He clenched his jaw, his breathing became shallow as silenced poured over the two. They made it to the security check and scanned their passes, leaving the paddock, and walking to the parking lot.