FOUR, formidable

( NOT EDITED/ PROOFREAD )
- remember to vote and comment! <3 i'd really appreciate it if you guys did!

Race day in Austria was lively.

Juliette's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, a million ideas buzzing around like bees in a hive. She felt a jumble of strange emotions, an unpredictable mix that made her feel like she was on the verge of bursting.

But in a good way, of course.

Juliette found herself seated in a vintage car, one of those retro vehicles each team was assigned for the drivers' parade. It looked unusual , but undeniably cool. The car had no roof, and its auburn color gave it a simple yet appealing charm.

Sharing the car with Juliette was Lewis Hamilton, as expected.

As the drivers' parade commenced, the sea of orange in the stands erupted in excitement. The spectators cheered and waved enthusiastically at the drivers.

Juliette couldn't help but steal glances at Lewis. He had one AirPod lodged in his ear, bobbing his head to the rhythm of the music playing. He seemed to be lost in his own world.

Her gaze lingered on him, only to notice how he was positioned. It was odd.

Instead of sitting on the car seat like everyone else, Lewis Hamilton was perched on the edge of the car's side. If whoever was driving the vintage car were to make a sudden turn, Lewis would surely tumble off.

Juliette found it cool.

She adjusted her position, mirroring the way he sat, but on her own side of the car.

Lewis noticed her gesture and a gentle smile played across his lips, before he focused on his music once again.

Juliette felt the warm breeze gently tousling her golden-brown locks, while the radiant Austrian sun glimmered through her stylish YSL sunglasses.

She soaked in the overall atmosphere, enjoying the moment.

However, her enjoyment was tainted when she began to hear some distasteful, nasty remarks that was yelled out by a few fans in the stands.

And it was truly disgusting, each remark that she heard from the fans were purely sexist.

Her heart pounded against her chest as she fought back a frown, determined not to display her displeasure. She was aware that the F1 broadcast was streaming the drivers' parade live, and any negative reaction could be caught on camera.

She swallowed hard, feeling a slight crease forming on her forehead as her brows furrowed ever so slightly. Juliette also heard a few repulsive comments directed at Lewis, particularly about the color of his skin.

Juliette simmered with silent rage. She turned to see if Lewis had overheard their words.

But he seemed oblivious or undisturbed, lost in his music, completely unaffected by the hurtful remarks.

Maybe that's why he decided to wear headphones, maybe he wanted to block out whatever revolting things the fans yelled out.

Juliette didn't understand why it just started happening now. She didn't hear much from the fans during drivers parades the season before.

Her eyes fell down to her lap, as she played around with her fingers, she started picking at the skin that surrounded her nail. It was a small habit that she picked up recently.

Lewis's eyes trailed onto Juli's side of the car. Her demeanor was off, she seemed a bit stiff.

"You okay?" Lewis spoke up, lowering the volume of his music as Juliette's head snapped up. "Hm?"