FOURTY, charles's intuition

( NOT EDITED/ PROOFREAD )
this chap is a lil cliche but i love it so 🤗

Charles really needed to keep himself in check during this meeting.

He couldn't take his hands of Juliette, who silently listened as Mattia debriefed the car's current state to the team.

Charles's hand softly lingered on Juli's knee, his thumb soothingly rubbed over it, sending waves of goosebumps over her.

Gabriel side glanced Juliette, who shifted around her chair softly, her eyes not leaving the screen where Mattia was stood next to.

"The FIA is currently investigating our power unit. We haven't broken any regulations whatsoever, although, we never know what Christian Horner may have in his sleeve, he always finds ways to make others look not-so innocent." Mattia explained. Juliette almost gagged at the Redbull team principal's name. She obviously wasn't quite fond of him.

Gabriel leaned over to Juliette, rolling his chair behind Charles discreetly - the meeting room was huge anyway, so nobody really noticed, "You know, I bet Horner's just jealous that we're the only other team that has an actual decent car - other than Mercedes of course."

Juliette fought a small grin from playing her lips. "Horner's always tried to get himself into situations that don't necessarily have anything to do with him - so yeah, I guess he is a little jelly." She retorted, before a smile finally stretched upon her lips.

Gabriel chuckled slightly, before leaning back into his seat, returning to Charles's right hand side. Juliette's stare lingered on him for a few moments, before she shifted her attention back onto Mattia.

That interaction did not go unnoticed by Charles.

The Monegasque pursed his lips, his eyes darted between Juliette and Gabriel, who seemingly didn't notice his heated glare.

His jaw ticked as his face muscles tightened. A burning feeling bubbled in the pit of his stomach. Charles discreetly pulled Juliette's rolling chair a tad bit closer to him.

Everyone else appeared to have turned a blind eye to that small gesture - simply not noticing it or was too unbothered to look at them.

Although, Juliette obviously did notice. A twinging feeling pinched at her chest, as she turned her head to glance at Charles confusingly.

He was already staring at her.

"What was that for?" Juliette questioned, her head tilting as Charles's eyes lugged back to Mattia. "What was what for?"

Juliette furrowed her brows. Ah, so he was acting clueless.

"Charles . . ." She murmured, trailing off as she gazed at him with a pointed look. Charles's brows shot up, as he looked at her innocently. "What? Let's just focus back on Mattia."

Juliette let out a soft huff, her pillowed lips fell into a small frown.

Charles fought a chuckle at hee reaction, before placing his hand back on her thigh, right above her knee.

She stiffened at the motion, before she eventually relaxed into his touch, a small smile played his lips.

"As you all know, due to some . . . unfortunate events, Juliette won't be able to join us this weekend." Mattia started.

Juliette's frown deepened. He didn't even bring up the details of her crash. He didn't even bother to ask if she was was alright...

Juliette's breathing slowly turned shallow as Mattia glanced at her with an unknown emotion - that made chills run down her spine.

It wasn't a scary look. It was purely unsettling. Juliette didn't like it.